Senior looking for aerobic DVD's

Options
I'm enjoying getting back into working out first thing in the morning with fun aerobic DVD's. I've started with the Jane Fonda Firm and Burn which she put out recently. It's good and I've been doing the warm-up, one of the sets, and the cool down. It makes for a nice 25 minute workout. I hope to build to doing 2 sets. I'm looking for suggestions from other seniors (I'm fast approaching my 70th birthday) who have found other aerobic DVD's they like. Please share!!

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of stuff on utube.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Check out www.jazzercise.com; they have lots of videos and you can see some of the sample routines online via youtube to see if you like them.
  • sassyjh
    sassyjh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 62 and I have been using the following DVD's daily with sucess. I alternate them because they concentrate on different areas with strength training and aerobics. Leslie Sansone - 5 day slim down - good aerobics. George Forman 2 DVD's - "Walk it Off Circuit Walk" and Walk and Box". Since I injuried my back years ago I have to be careful with excercise and these 3 DVD's give me ample excercise and my back is even getting stronger. i bought these tapes either through Amazon or eBay. Follow the instructions - they all go from beginner to more advanced so take your time and don't harm yourself.
  • Shirlann46
    Shirlann46 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone's "Walking" DVD's. She has a Variety and are reasonably priced. Sometimes you can find them at Wal Mart. I'm 67 and have a couple of her DVD's. You can also check out Exercise Videos from "Collage" Guide to Videos. You can order online and view a sample of the exercise or just order their Catalog.
    Good Luck
    Shirlann
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser ones are not difficult to follow at all and not too many moves but they work up a sweat. I don't have real problems health-wise but I am challenged with too many difficult moves! best of luck
  • jkt122
    jkt122 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll check them out!
  • jkt122
    Options
    Thanks. Look forward to checking them out.
  • jkt122
    Options
    Thanks.. I'll explore these.:love:
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im 34 years old and I agree with the other two ladies, Leslie Sansone Dvd's are good and effective. I used them when I first began my weight loss journey. Check with your library. They usually have a few if you want to give them a try first before buying. Best wishes to you !
  • akrepel85
    Options
    My mom is close to 60 and uses Lesile Sansone all the time. She also used to use Richard Simmons. I know that I personally found him annoying at first but the music is great and the workouts are made for people at varying levels of fitness. She suggested searching google for senior fitness videos, but mentioned that most fitness video makers have fitness videos for seniors. If you have found someone you like but feel that they are to strenuous you could see if they make videos for seniors. I hope this helped.
  • wrenbird
    wrenbird Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would recommend this set of 3 DVDs from Zumba. It is Zumba Gold and it is so fun! I teach this format twice a week and anyone any age can do it.

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop-zin/product/zumba-gold-live-it-up-3dvd-set/
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    Try some Zumba DVDs. It is a fun way to exercise!