SKINNY or CURVY?

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I love how these threads always degenerate into a fight, but is it too late to say that I really like the one on the left?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yeah, because women don't already grow up with enough body issues and pressures to look a certain way as it is. Let's make sure to pile it on when their older too!
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The one that does my laundry.

pffft good luck with that!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    im chimin in on this one. to each his or her own. we are all unique in our own special way and for us to sit here and tear down these two pics is completely wrong. i was never short and petite... nor will i ever be short and petite.... you are comparing an apple to a friggan orange here. yes they both have curves and yes they are both beautiful women. i am 5 feet 11 inches tall. i weigh 190.... Its not what is on the outside that matters most peeps!!! All my life i have been tall and called an amazon...and other names as well. i have a thick skin and i can take it!!!! cuz come April ...these curves of mine are gonna kick some butt on the competition stage!!! and this amazon will walk away a winner!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.

It's MyFITNESSPal, not MyWeightLossPal. There are plenty of people who are fit and have goals for themselves that have every right to be here just the same as you.
    ps: the woman on the right will be a "tub of lard" in about 10-years.

Totally unnecessary and untrue.

This is a very poor "fitness app" ...and a most-excellent "weight-loss app". People have every right to be anywhere they want on the internet, including here. So far be it from me to have given you the impression that I am not an equal-rights person. However, if you are looking to get "toned", I can recommend several other site that have fitness as a focus, and will be far more beneficial. Fit people on this site are either made-up profiles, or just looking to feel better about themselves among us that are overweight, and serious about trying to do something about it. What do you want them to call the app ..."stopeatingsomuchyoucowPal.com"? it is called 'marketing', and it a first-semester course at any college or university. So when "pregosaurus rex" delivers and comes to more-closely resemble the "barney" she watches on the tele; because there is not enough time in the day to be a mom, work in the home, and work out of the home ...you will more-better understand and appreciate my comments ...and this site.

pps: Sorry about the "do" comment and it's lack of class ...but obviously you do not understand sarcasm. It seems like today, an emoticon smiley has taken the place of prose. Also, just because I am realistic about my (and other people's) looks, does not mean I do not appreciate a nice body. The one on the right is completely fake. That back-side is as large as mine without the surgery and weight-lifting. She has not truly-used a soccer field since she had those implants. So all of you ladies that are upset and posting because of another shallow-male thread ...you are right ...but perhaps the initial-poster is more honest, and you are the ones that are "shallow"?

Let me ask you something.

How do you think the fit people here got fit? By NOT tracking their diet, perhaps?

Exactly.

Apparently we're not allowed to stay on this site after achieving GW and getting fit, must move to more appropriate sites now...good job this guy decided to post....first time in 12 months since joining.
  • Scarllet7
    Options
    I was watching a British show and they sure like their actresses with some meat on their bones lol I didn't see a single skinny actress and I'm now on season 2. I'm really redefining my goals, I've never felt at peace with the idea of being really skinny.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I was watching a British show and they sure like their actresses with some meat on their bones lol I didn't see a single skinny actress and I'm now on season 2. I'm really redefining my goals, I've never felt at peace with the idea of being really skinny.

Brit TV > North American TV, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi :smile:
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I want curves :cry:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Brit TV > North American TV, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi :smile:

maybe in scifi but US tv in general is the best of them all. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead are 3 amazing shows on just 1 of our billion networks.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    #1 importance - Healthy. Which can be anywhere in that spectrum.

But in general, I tend to find women with more curves to be hotter, 'though I certainly don't limit myself based on physical appearance, when I meet someone I hit it off with in "that way". Crap.....my gf was totally in the depths of anorexia (I know, healthy #1? But that really showed me the importance of health. As had age in general, and being in the healthcare field) when I met her, but we hit if off so the sick body didn't matter.
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm with _DaniD_ on this one...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Okay, enough of the "don't you wish..." threads. How about this reality:

1. I would "do" them both. I would not "date" either of them ...unless they are paying. The reality is that I am never going to have either of them. So I take it you want to know what I find attractive in a woman, and you are trying to get women to "IM" you so you can sell them something. I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.
    Do you suppose that there's fit people here who got fit using this site, and perhaps want to continue to use it to maintain/improve their fitness while helping other people?
    2. I want a woman that cares how she looks, even if she is not where she wants to be yet; but is smart enough to do something about it. If she needs to be 110lbs, or 160lbs ...as long as she knows this, and is working to get there. I want a woman that I can get close to, that does not have to chew two 18-packs of gum or mints a day because she has severe halitosis from starvation.This is 2013 people, in the midst of our 3rd-straight spend-thrift in the white house ...so be smart enough to realize it is what is in a woman's head and pocket-book that counts.
    Absolutely bizarre that you somehow went from starvation halitosis to Obama in one bullet point. Just to be fair, since I know there must be tons of women clamoring for your affections, low-carb dieters also get the halitosis, not just those who are starving.
    3. As to myself. I do not want six-back abs, I do not want the most well-defined muscles. I just want to be THIN AS I CAN BE, and stay healthy. If muscle weighs more than fat ...then I want the fat. I want to be able to walk into ANY store and buy cloths. Not have to order on-line or from the spring/summer specialty-catalog entitled "MT" (short for metric-ton) in order to find clothes that fit. I want to be able to worry about losing those last 5 or 10 pounds, instead of the same number inches off my waist-line. I want to be able to jog and run 4-miles in 15-minutes ...instead of pant and faint to make a sub-20 minute mile ...while every old woman laps me a few times laughing at how slow I am ...their husbands telling them to quiet down, and say things like "at least he is out here trying to do something about it". I do not need to feel good about myself, I just need to purchase less leather the next time I need a belt.
    Erm....good for you. Skinny as can be is an awesome goal. I'm sure you'll be able to get to 4x3:45minute miles in a row with that goal, too. Spoiler alert: Skinny as possible does not lead to world-record breaking speed. I realize you're either exaggerating or really uneducated in running and don't expect to actually run 4 miles in 15 minutes, but speed=fitness.
    Get the point yet?
    FYI: 90% of the men and women on this site feel the same way as I. That's why we are here.
    I think you're misinformed. I think very few people if given the choice between skinny as possible w/ excess fat or looking fit with a few extra lbs on the scale would choose skinny and doughy.
    She might gain weight, she might not. Either way, you have NO idea of what her life will be like. She's fit and strong now, maybe a little higher BF% on her lower body than I'd prefer for myself, but there is nothing to indicate that she's on a life path towards lard-dom. This comment is both rude and ignorant.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd much rather look like the girl on the left than on the right. <Shrug>... to each is own.

That said... my actual, natural body falls somewhere in the middle. I'm more muscular, taller and curvier than the girl on the left, but I'm much leaner (and also not surgically enhanced) than the girl on the left. I'm happy with my body.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.

It's MyFITNESSPal, not MyWeightLossPal. There are plenty of people who are fit and have goals for themselves that have every right to be here just the same as you.

Totally unnecessary and untrue.

This is a very poor "fitness app" ...and a most-excellent "weight-loss app". People have every right to be anywhere they want on the internet, including here. So far be it from me to have given you the impression that I am not an equal-rights person. However, if you are looking to get "toned", I can recommend several other sites that have fitness as a focus, and will be far more beneficial. Fit people on this site are either made-up profiles, or just people looking to feel better about themselves among us that are overweight, and serious about trying to do something about it. What do you want them to call the app ..."stopeatingsomuchyoucowPal.com"? it is called 'marketing', and it a first-semester course at any college or university. So when "pregosaurus rex" delivers and comes to more-closely resemble the "barney" she watches on the tele; because there is not enough time in the day to be a mom, work in the home, and work out of the home ...you will more-better understand and appreciate my comments ...and this site.

pps: Sorry about the "do" comment and it's lack of class ...but obviously you do not understand sarcasm. It seems like today, an emoticon smiley has taken the place of prose. Also, just because I am realistic about my (and other people's) looks, does not mean I do not appreciate a nice body. The one on the right is completely fake. That back-side is as large as mine without the surgery and weight-lifting. She has not truly-used a soccer field since she had those implants. So all of you ladies that are upset and posting because of another shallow-male thread ...you are right ...but perhaps the initial-poster is more honest, and you are the ones that are "shallow"?

Wow...just wow!

Please seek professional help.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Looked at the pics again... the girl on the right has MASSIVE hands.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The skinny girl looks curvy to me, whilst the curvy girl looks sort of masculine and rather immense, but then, that is just a personal opinion from another female who tends to prefer a leaner look.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm not into the skinny look. With that said, I'll go with a woman like Jaime Koeppe.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    How about "FIT"
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    They are both skinny. The one on the left happens to have larger breasts and booty.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    This is interesting.