Going to be 27 and FABULOUS!!

Options
Hello All,

New to MFP and in conjunction with my approaching 27th birthday in January (not New Year's!) I have come to terms that I am not healthy. ("What was the final straw?" you ask) Finding stretch-marks where I have NEVER had a stretch-mark...on my ARMS and BEHIND MY KNEES!

Anywho- after much debate (internal), and a closet full of adorable clothes that I no longer fit in because I gained a lot in a short period of time, I'm done with it. I've got many new things going on in my life- recently got a new job, with new responsibilities, much required travel, serious relationship with a wonderful man who supports me fit or fat so why not take this momentum and turn it into a healthier me?

The stupid thing is I used to be fit, I used to be an awesome athlete, playing/practicing soccer 5x week between indoor & outdoor. But bad decisions and ignorant eyes to my growing girth/new pant sizes, I've since ballooned from my normal 140ish to 197. Awesome.

Good food choices and exercise aside, I've also decided to wave my middle fingers in the air to weighing in on a scale. I don't want those numbers because the scale makes me crazy. Instead, I'm using inches lost. I'd rather see a healthy fit me who is down 15-20 inches with no clue what I weight than know that I've only lost X pounds and many people my height are usually X pounds.

So I'm excited to take this energy I've got with all other new things in my life and turn it in to a better lifestyle. That is all for now.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Happy New Year as well!

Replies

• lemanuelthelazy
    lemanuelthelazy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! I wish I had the strength to look away from the scale, I use it everyday even though I know I shouldn't. Something about those little numbers makes me feel more in control. I'm glad your significant other is supportive, that is very important!

Anyway, Happy Almost Birthday! Good luck on your goals, I have no doubt you will succeed.