Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

41lbs down in 2012

I've always been big. Very big, actually. When I had my first son, I topped out somewhere around 285 during my pregnancy(Aug 2009). I had pre-eclampcia and gained 15lbs in 3 days in water weight, but my eating was also completely out of control. With my second son, I had gestational diabetes early on in the pregnancy, so I had to be a lot more careful with my eating for the sake of his health. I walked into the labor and delivery floor (Aug 2011)weighing 6lbs(started at 250, ended at 256) more than I started my pregnancy at. A couple weeks after he was born, I had lost down to about 235-240lbs, but immediately gained more again because I was back to old eating habits.

I put my mind on losing weight sometime in March of this year and have lost 41lbs so far! I never thought I would be able to lose weight. I have always struggled with my eating and exercising, so both of those together were a huge change for me. I feel so much better and have so much more energy than I ever thought I would.

Here's to a wonderful 2013 and hopefully another 50lbs down for me :drinker:

Height-5'2
SW-251
CW-209.8
GW-currently around 150, I've never weighed less than 199 as an adult, so I am still unsure.

10040_483440678364380_887652684_n_zpsf56967c6-1_zps59a9d7ee.jpg

Replies

• trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Yay you! Looking good. You should feel very proud of yourself!
  • That's a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work!
  • OF COURSE you can do it! You have lost 41#!! Don't sabotage yourself...feed your mind positive statements like I can have power over what I eat and how much weight I lose. i will just prove to myself and everyone else I CAN get below 199 pounds!!!!!!!
    You go, pretty girl!
  • Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!