Moms who have 6-packs . . and I don't mean beer!

Options
:happy: On September 23rd I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I've quickly shed the baby weight and am wondering if I will ever have the 6-pack abs I once did. Do I have an unrealistic goal or if I work hard enough will my results pay off?

Replies

• emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    it can totally happen!! i was flabby after having 2 kids close together, although ive always been "slim". it was just like a mess of skin covering my stomach ): i would recommend doing some p90x. or at least the ab exercises from it (you can find them on youtube) i did that for about 2 months and got a really great foundation. now i just maintain and watch what i eat, good luck!!
  • bee_strong
    Options
    no its a good goal and you will get there, just don't rush into it, i believe you will get there,

that's where i'm trying to get too.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I did it!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter was born on September 23 16 years ago:). Four years later after weight lifting and eating less, My an muscles showed.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Oh, forget it. I was gonna offer you a beer! Just kidding! It is possible. I did it way back in the day! Good luck with you on your journey and congratulations on your new baby!
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    After 6 kids yuck

IMG_20120311_200456.jpg

After hard work

405048_312081012238804_344070651_n.jpg

it can be done.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    I have two kids. A 4 year old daughter and a 9 1/2 month old son. :-) I'm working towards my six pack too!
    I've been lifting heavy, building in circuit training for cardio and eating clean. The main thing I've noticed is try to focus on low or limited sugar consumption. On weeks where my sugar has been high, I don't see the definition as well as the weeks that I've keep it pretty low. Clean eating! Low carb too. :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have two girls, a 5 yr old and a 7 yr old. Both were close to 9lbs at birth. It is possible, but your body fat needs to be low, and your core strong.

You're looking great! Keep working, takes patience. :)
  • runthisthing
    Options
    Totally not unrealistic goals at all I am a mommy of two!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, with work (especially if you had it before). I'm a mama of 2 (ages 5 & 8).
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Inspirational thread, I really want to be there as well. I believe hard work pays off. Specially after finishing with the breastfeeding, if you are still breastfeeding I don't think it would be feasible but I am working towards it.
  • carissa100
    carissa100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Am in the same situation. Three kids later I have a big tum (still look 4 months pregnant). I'm going for fat loss as first priority and then toning! I need friends. Please friend me!
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids my abs are starting to show.
    PicsArt_1347512294599.jpg
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Keep working hard
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it totally can be done! I have three kids (3, 6 and 7) and have "uncovered" my six pack again. My lower abs have some loose skin but my upper abs are completely toned. In fact, I was just telling my husband that I may try and rock a bikini this summer. :blushing: