Seasoning

Options
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a good holiday.

I need to start eating healthy again. I've got the working out down. But, I eat all my cals back and then some. It's time to get real. I need some ideas for seasoning. How do you season your fish and chicken? I would like to stick with baked recipes because it's easier for me. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash! No salt seasonings, lots of different flavors. My current favorite is Garlic & Herb.
  • Inthamaking
    Inthamaking Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the taste of salt so when I cook, I don't add it to my food. So, I feel like I have to step up my flavors in terms of fresh herbs to add flavor. I do also use things like Mrs. Dash that don't have salt in them.

For chicken and fish, I use thyme, rosemary, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes (if I want a kick), Old Bay Seasoning (it does have 95mg of salt I believe), oregano, basil and my new favorite seasoning, cumin.

You just have to play with it and see what you like. I have salt at home for people when they feel like they need it but honestly, when you have a lot of fresh and good flavors together, people don't miss the salt.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash! No salt seasonings, lots of different flavors. My current favorite is Garlic & Herb.
    Yes Mrs Dash is great.

Samples for me are onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili, paprika, pepper, very little sea salt.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If eating dry any of: frozen crushed garlic, black pepper, Marigold reduced salt bouillon powder, various south or east Asian spice blends, fresh lemon and thyme, balsamic vinegar. To be honest most often I eat chicken in a slow cooker/ crockpot type recipe, so then might be flavoured with red wine, canned tomatoes, red chilli as well as the aforementioned flavours.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! :) I need to restock my kitchen spices.
  • mAnimalMX
    Options
    chicken- italian seasoning, parsley, lemon pepper, lemon juice
    steak- good old fashion steak seasoning!, sweet basil, worcestershire, lime juice
    rice etc- janes crazy mix (idk what it is, but it' awesome)
    i even put steak seasoning on veggies to avoid butter