Calories calories calories!

Options
Alright Everyone says its always about the calories, Is that true is it true so Dont worry about the sodium the carbs the sugar dont worry about that, They say as long as you have a calorie Deficient some kind of a calorie deficient you will lose weight, so eat 1800 calories of salty chips and yes thats a calorie Deficient, so would you still lose weight?!

Replies

• squishy2981
    Options
    Yes, you would still lose weight. HOWEVER, you will be healthier if you consume the right amounts of the things you listed. You can still lose weight eating nothing but Krispy Kremes as long as you stay under your caloric intake for the day. BUT, you will probably straight up feel like crap if you did that!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Yes. You'd lose weight. And be quite unhealthy.
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, you would still loose weight but it might not be fat. In order to maximize FAT loss as opposed to just weight loss macronutrients(fats, carbs and profein) ratios are important. Also for overall health other things are important too. Never eat any fiber? Good luck with your constipation and colon cancer. Too much Trans fats or cholesterol? Hope you like heart attacks.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I think it depends... Do you just want to lose weight, or do you want to get healthy in the process?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Yes, you would still loose weight but it might not be fat. In order to maximize FAT loss as opposed to just weight loss macronutrients(fats, carbs and profein) ratios are important. Also for overall health other things are important too. Never eat any fiber? Good luck with your constipation and colon cancer. Too much Trans fats or cholesterol? Hope you like heart attacks.

Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood serum cholesterol.

And "high cholesterol" isn't the problem anyway.
  • R0asted
    Options

Dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood serum cholesterol.

And "high cholesterol" isn't the problem anyway.

I was just listing vague examples to illustrate my point. you're probably right but my point was simply to eat good fats vs crap.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Everyone really wow im not gonna eat chips all day i just want to know if its really all about the calories lets be honest here,
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think I understand where you were going. There are diets out there that do not count calories at all but rather have a list of what you can and cannot eat. For example, South Beach, Atkins and Rosedale diets all have the do and do not eat list but no calorie counting. Ketosis and other physical responses to these diets are responsible for weight loss so good question, is it all about the calories? : )
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    On the home page, click on "nutrients." Getting 100% of those from food sources without putting chemical additives in your mouth, feeling energetic, sleeping well, thinking clearly. . . THAT is what this is about.
  • R0asted
    Options
    I think I understand where you were going. There are diets out there that do not count calories at all but rather have a list of what you can and cannot eat. For example, South Beach, Atkins and Rosedale diets all have the do and do not eat list but no calorie counting. Ketosis and other physical responses to these diets are responsible for weight loss so good question, is it all about the calories? : )

For the most part these diets concentrate on avoiding calorie dense foods so even though you're not counting cals you're most likely eating low calories. Try going vegan and eating over 3000 calories a day. It's not easy. Atkins is a bit different but I won't go into that here.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Not exactly. What you eat does matter. Its not only about the calories. It does matter what type of calories you eat - example empty calories, fats, sweets, carbs. Empty calories like chip, pretzels, tortilla chips, ice cream, chocolate, pirate booty, ect. (man I learned my lesson there) offer little nutrients and will do nothing but give you calories to add to your counter, they offer no nutrients aside from perhaps carbs and though carbs are good in moderation, in excess it will do very little to help you lose weight and cut fat (i.e. perhaps your weight will go down but you'll loose muscle mass not fat).

However, the healthier food, the one should consume for their daily calories it will keep you full longer and burn the fats and not muscles when cutting your calories, making you healthier and trimmer.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    i knew it wasnt all about the calories i knew that from the beginning lol!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options

For the most part these diets concentrate on avoiding calorie dense foods so even though you're not counting cals you're most likely eating low calories. Try going vegan and eating over 3000 calories a day. It's not easy. Atkins is a bit different but I won't go into that here.

Actually, I like that thought. I've been struggling with the extreme calorie counting (lots of weighing, measuring, etc.) and have lost 72 lbs total. The bulk of my weight loss was not counting calories at all but rather eating from the "can" list on South Beach and Rosedale. I might go back to that and use MFP to track nutrients and exercise rather than the extreme caloriic measuring...which since starting my weight loss has slowed big time!
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    i think youd get really sick because you wouldnt get the correct nutrients that your body needs(:
    plus you may lose weight, but you prob wont look very healthy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    i knew it wasnt all about the calories i knew that from the beginning lol!

I am confused then as to your question. What are you trying to figure out?
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To lose weight its all about the calories

To be healthy, its not just about the calories

Also try eating 1800 calories of potato chips and see how hungry you are during the day. Chips are calorie dense. They won't keep you satisfied.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Mmm...chips...
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes you would lose weight but you are going to be REALLY hungry!!!!
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    LMAO WOW . for the very last time I DONT PLAN ON EATING CHIPS TO FILL MY CALORIES its just an example people!!
    my question is is it really only about the calories ,,, so here is an other example yes example if you ate donutes all day like 1600 calories all that carbs and everything you could get to your weightloss goal im not talking about health here im talking about calories in calories out that all you peeps are saying!
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    and i dont mean just lose weight i mean transform your body i think thats more than just calories u have to look at other things too