New Years Resolutions

Options
So.. what's everyones New Year's Resolution??!
I want abs and to not compare myself to other girls on the beach this year! ;) being able to feel comfortable in my own skin is def a HUGE goal!

Im starting a 2013 Get FIt challenge group! lets do this together guys! feel free to send a request to join :)

[link removed by mod]

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, as far as my fitness goes I have many goals for next year. Yes, I'm also looking to get some abs and land under 10% bf and overall to tone up, I'm skinny-fat now, have still some 10 lbs to lose and then few lbs muscle to gain until I be where I wanna be. Also looking to increase my running form so I can run 10k under 50 min and 3k under 10 min as well as endurance so I can do a bunch of (80+) push ups and sit ups in a row. That's pretty much all for my fitness goals. I have pretty long way to get there but I'm sure one year will be enough. :)
  • misschiplash
    Options
    To watch less tv and do something more interesting instead.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Wash my face before I go to sleep. Yes, I have the most boring resolution imaginable.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    love more, laugh more, live larger
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution is to stop saying to myself that I am "fed up" when things seem to be at a rather dull moment....In other words I shall try very hard to think of positive things even if I am in a lot of pain and unable to get out at all.
    There are so many people who are in such dire straits these days. I do have a nice little comfortable flat, plenty of food to eat and medications that keep a lot of my ailments fairly under control. It would be nice to hear from my family more often but that's just the way things are now...accepting the realities of situations is sometimes the hardest thing to do.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    to stop setting myself so many unachievable goals and then beating myself up for not getting anywhere!
    small and manageable but frequent is the theme for 2013. :smile:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in waiting for a new year to change things. If something isn't working for you just fix it! Theres no need to wait, just do it!! :happy: :happy:
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get to my goal weight, be able to run a half hour and look smokin hot!!!
  • LiveEatLift
    Options
    hell yess! "smokin hot" it is ;)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My only resolution is to lose 50+lbs in 2013. I want to be healthier and set a good example for my kids.
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I think making resolutions is good for you and it helps you to actually follow through with the things you want to accomplish. Just writing them down somewhere will make you more likely to acheive them! I look at it more as goals instead of resolutions, but it's all the same in the end. Some of my goals that I want to achieve in 2013 are:
    Doing a 2 day kayak trip
    Doing a 10K race
    Eating clean
    Maintaining my current excercise regime (4-6 times a week)
    Paying off debt
    putting more $$ into savings
    visting my family more often
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I do not make resolutions so much as setting goals.
    Just have a plan, then work that plan.
    Let's make 2013 our very best...Success Is A Choice :drinker:
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Found this in yesterday's paper:

"It's the New Year, and as you may know, I don't like to make conventional resolutions, because that requires me to think about how much I suck. Who needs it? Too negative. Instead, every new year, I prefer to make unresolutions. I think about the things I like about myself and resolve to keep doing them. "
  • Wyiauta
    Options
    Lose another 30-40 lbs, quit smoking, and start an exercise program. I think those three should keep me occupied for a while.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I will balance my budget and keep it that way.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I set mini goals for weight loss in 5 and 10 lbs increments. I am still trying to figure out a reward system for hitting them, it won't be food that's for sure. Perhaps a new piece of clothing/equipment to help on this journey. I have been wanting a pair of vibrams, perhaps that will be my first reward.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker here...figured this would be as good of a place as any to make my first forum post :)

- Run 100 5k's (not necessarily races)
    - Compete in my first 10k race and finish under 55:00:00
    - Get to my goal of 185 lbs
    - Knock out 10% of my "50 by 50" bucket list - golf in all 50 states by the time I turn 50. I turn 30 in ~1 week and should be able to get a good start on this in 2013.
    - Try one new recipe a week
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lose another 30-40 lbs, quit smoking, and start an exercise program. I think those three should keep me occupied for a while.

Good luck quitting smoking! You'll feel fab. I have smoked half of my life. I quit a few months ago. I learned the hard way you can NEVER touch another cigarette. Ever. I quit for two years and had a stressful day and lit up, on the way home from work I bought a pack. Once you go through withdrawals and then smoke again, even a drag or two, your body ignites the cravings like you never quit. Just an FYI, good luck! What helped me was every time I wanted a smoke I would go for a brisk walk, or do jumping jacks, or jump rope. I noticed when I worked out intensely for a few minutes the last thing on my mind was a cigarette afterwards.
  • 33April
    Options
    Get fewer carbs and more protein in my diet and drink more water!
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1. Finish school so I can get a new job. SOOOO tired of call centre work!
    2. Keep on my plan - diet/exercise.
    3. With help of #2 lose the last 60lbs and start to build muscle.
    4. Compliment 1 stranger a month - figured I can make 12 people happier this year.
    5. Try to get out more and meet new people.
    6. Be more frugal and stop wasting money on unnecessary things I want rather than just focus on what I need.

ETA #6.