What's your New Years tradition/activity for midnight?

Options

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Dodging bullets! Sad but true!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Same as every year (except the years I worked night shift): sleeping (but I am on call for work)
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    null-23.png
  • covertsnake
    covertsnake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After midnight, my family all gathers (there's about 25 of us) in the main living room then the kids (12 and under) sit on the floor while my uncle tosses a combination of quarters, dimes and nickels onto the floor. After about 5 minutes of this, then the adults get on the floor...........................and it's a free for all as my uncle tosses handfuls of coins! People are climbing, ribbing, pushing, etc. to pick up coins! I've done this with them since '94 and the reasoning behind is that taking money in at the beginning of the year is "good luck". Must be working because my wife and I haven't ever had any money problems since we've been together.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's hungry hungry hippos :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think I want my new tradition to be hanging out with Paul Rudd.

And Seth Green.
    And Robert Downey Jr.
    And Bill Murray.
    And Bob Sagget,

Hell throw Eminem and Sarah palin in there for a little extra added excitement.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    most likely sleeping...i always fall asleep way before midnight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've always thought having sex was the best way to ring in the new year. What are you going to be doing at the stroke of midnight?
    In al honesty, I'll probably be asleep by 10. Not intending to, but it always happens unless we go out.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've always thought having sex was the best way to ring in the new year. What are you going to be doing at the stroke of midnight?

:grumble:

Well "stroke" is probably accurate....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

:grumble:

Well "stroke" is probably accurate....

well brett...better than being asleep at 10 like i usually am.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Aw, now I'm sad that I won't be with my sweetie at midnight.

Also, midnight is when I watch the ball drop on TV, then slip into my pajamas and go to bed. :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Yep, that pretty much covers it.

Same here haha x
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    When we were kids, we would bang pots & pans at midnight.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    We like to be certain to ring in the new year with something positive, since sex can sometimes be hit or miss we just watch a tried and tested episode of Firefly or Doctor Who or Buffy instead. It's the only way to be guaranteed satisfaction.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Drinking all the 312 I can.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well.. someting with champagne bombs, firecrackers and dry ice.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Used to be family parties. Now that parents are gone and family unit has disintegrated I stay home with hubby and am asleep by 11pm.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My wife and I will have a very nice, romantic dance and kiss(es), then say a prayer of blessing for our family and friends and then we enter in to the category of "nonya"...been doing that since the BeeGees were popular.

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try,
    Just the two of us, just the two of us,
    Building castles in the sky,
    Just the two of us, you and I."

Happy 2013 :flowerforyou:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    a nice dinner out, the symphony & back to the hotel. Guaranteed we'll be asleep before midnight.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Working until 6 so no real plans. Not really feeling like going out tonight so I'll most likely just chill at home with a book or movie.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Getting plastered. Isn't that the traditional method of bringing in the new year?

I'd be f*cking but I don't think my parents would much appreciate that and I think the idea of waking up in someone's childhood bedroom would be traumatic for my partner. :tongue: