Where to buy workout clothes?!

Options
I own not one sports bra, pair of workout pants/shorts or shirts and I only can think of Victoria Secret, but they charge about $40 per piece. Someone know of stylish workout clothes that are well priced? I love clothes like those from hot topic: Superheros, rock n' roll, cartoon characters, funny sayings, etc. I'm not a flower, pink, and plain colored type of person. So, if you know of any with style that would be preferred!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I get most of my Sports Bras from Target. The rest of my stuff is pretty plain (I get most of it at Kohl's) - I wish I could find some fun stuff like you described though - I never seem to find it either.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I usually end up at Ross or TJ Maxx. Their stuff is really hit or miss but I really like the brand Green Apple when I can find it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Target (especially if you have small-med boobs, bigger boobs need more expensive bras, or so I hear).
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    from a workout clothes shop
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    TJ MAX is the BEST!!! I don't buy work out clothes any where else because like you, I'm not going to spend top dollar for clothes I'm going to be sweating in. You can get tons for your money there, I swear by it! Also don't forget to check out their shoes. I got a great pair of running shoes originally $80 for $30. Good Luck!
  • KristenF101
    Options
    My favorite places are the nike and under armour outlets. Reebok also has some cute stuff with multiple bright colors. My sports bras are from Modells and about $40 a piece, but those are not worth skimping on!

Unfortunately, I never find workout clothes that are patterned or cute or anything like that. I mostly go for bright, fun colors (but not so much pink). I mainly look for a comfortable fit and the right materials to keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Marshalls!
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    I get my workout clothes from JcPenny's (Their brand is X-cersion). Its a lot cheaper that brand names like Nike and Under Armour. The quality is great too! I think the last time I went I got a sports bra, Dry fit shirt, long pants, and sweater for like $40-50
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Go to TjMaxx, Marshalls, Target, and JcPenny's...these are places that have reasonable prices...and if you go to the outlets (Nike , Under Armour, and Reebok) check their clearance rack...I have gotten my sports bras for $10 at Walmart and they come in a pack of two.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I own not one sports bra, pair of workout pants/shorts or shirts and I only can think of Victoria Secret, but they charge about $40 per piece. Someone know of stylish workout clothes that are well priced? I love clothes like those from hot topic: Superheros, rock n' roll, cartoon characters, funny sayings, etc. I'm not a flower, pink, and plain colored type of person. So, if you know of any with style that would be preferred!

Old Navy! Great workout clothes including sports bras. Cheap too!! :)
  • cbassett08
    Options
    This may be strange, but Forever 21 has the cheapest workout clothes and they are cute too. Check out their web site under Active Wear.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually end up at Ross or TJ Maxx. Their stuff is really hit or miss but I really like the brand Green Apple when I can find it.

Yes! Green Apple yoga pants are the best -- they're a bamboo fiber blend and they're insanely comfortable, even by yoga pants standards. I'm addicted to them.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if you have a scheels. they are an awesome store, good prices.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Target sports bras!
  • larosevear
    Options
    If you look on Pinterest... Or I'm sure on google search...you can take your old tshirts and turn them into workout shirts that are really cute :)
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    I love Danskin that I buy at Walmart. It holds up really well to washing and does really well pretty cheaply. Hope this helps.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Old Navy!!! I just got two tops for like $12 from them. If you're on the busty side I'd recommend getting a good underwire bra from Vic's or from a sporting goods store that carries a good selection.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I go to Goodwill and buy shirts and shorts there
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are located but I find my workout clothes at Outlet stores -Nike, Adidas, Under Arnor all have options that will work with your style. But in the end it's not what you wear, it's what you do!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't know about fashionable workout wear, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE under armour- amazing stuff, it is. It's a bit pricey, but so worth it, IMO. I do a lot of stuff outside (, nordic and alpine skiing, hiking, etc…) so the cold gear is great for that, but they also have moisture wicking apparel for warm weather, and it's just as awesome as the winter gear. And, if you take care of it, it lasts- I've had my cold gear for 3 winters now, and it's still perfect.