Starting P90X Group In The New Year

Options
13»

Replies

• justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite - sarahlouise7 - my first time on P90X too, although pull ups can be doen with a chair (watch the first disc and you'll see).

I am starting on 31st too!

Your welcome :) I shall look at that, i dont get the set until Christmas, well my son, Its one of his christmas presents lol Yeah we start the same day, good way to start the new year i think :)

How was insanity? Id like to do that later in the year :)
    Insanity is... Well, Insane! The first month is ok and manageable, the second month is a real tough killer session 6 days a week, but you learn to love it! It is hard on the knees so be careful if they usually cause you problems.
  • pinklolipops
    pinklolipops Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the invite. I am definately in and up for the challenge! Do I have to join a group? If so, I looked up groups for P90X and there are so many. Which one do I join? Thanks again and happy holidays to all :)
  • jhunn123
    jhunn123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'll join! Shoot me an email or something...I am starting on the 24th of December, but I wont count first week or 2 if you want everyone to have the same start date.
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW! Thanks for all the interest, everyone! I am in the process of messaging you all but if you have not yet received a message from me, please feel free to shoot one in my direction!

I love everything about P90X! :) I am currently doing INSANITY for another 2 weeks but I am MORE THAN happy to be setting up this accountability Facebook group ! The best thing about the FB group is that *most* people use FB so frequently and with FB apps on phones now-a-days, it's so easy to stay connected that way. I will post daily motivation and most definitely keep you accountable throughout the 90 days
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OK!!

Yesterday was Day1 of P90X + Ab ripper.
    Wow, wow, wow.

I laughed, grunted, sweated, and loved it. A little sore today but ready to take on Plyo tonight!

How did everyone who started on the first do?
  • justiningham
    Options
    OK!!

Yesterday was Day1 of P90X + Ab ripper.
    Wow, wow, wow.

I laughed, grunted, sweated, and loved it. A little sore today but ready to take on Plyo tonight!

How did everyone who started on the first do?

Hard work - but am loving it at the moment. day 3 for me today so really feeling it!
  • grabbjava
    Options
    Day one complete, I am in decent shape but this still kicked my butt. I didn't have too may problems with the chest and back portion averaged about 10 reps per exersize but the abb ripper was brutal, I am not very flexable so I spent a lot of time rolling around on the mat trying to keep my balance. Is anyone else follwing the nutrition guide? I spent 5 hours in the kitchen trying to get some things prepared. That was another complete workout (didn't mention that on the dvd ;)
  • justiningham
    Options
    Hi

I am sort of following the nutrition - I follow the Macro Nutrition 50% Protein, 30 Carbs and 20 fat - try to eat as healthy as possible... it makes it much easier than following the diet full on!

Good luck and well done on the effort so far.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Im 5ft 11, and in Sept last year was 15st 2lbs, i took the decision to get on Insanity and eat properly, I completed Insanity just before xmas and lost just over 2 stone, have had a couple of weeks off over xmas diet wise with just some light cardio on an exercise bike and am starting P90X today, I want to drop a last 7lbs and tone up, Im trying to up the protein in my diet and lower carbs so Id love to keep in touch with how we are all doing on here, Justin could I add you mate as it looks like we are following kind of the same path?
  • tinkerhulk1
    tinkerhulk1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today, glad to find some people starting too!
  • justiningham
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Im 5ft 11, and in Sept last year was 15st 2lbs, i took the decision to get on Insanity and eat properly, I completed Insanity just before xmas and lost just over 2 stone, have had a couple of weeks off over xmas diet wise with just some light cardio on an exercise bike and am starting P90X today, I want to drop a last 7lbs and tone up, Im trying to up the protein in my diet and lower carbs so Id love to keep in touch with how we are all doing on here, Justin could I add you mate as it looks like we are following kind of the same path?

Hi Mike - it certainly does look like we are, I have about a stone to shift and also completed Insanity before Christmas... added :¬D