One Year, Different Person (pics)

Options
I began my journey for the second time on January 1, 2012 and decided that this would be the year for me to focus on me, to improve myself in every way. I decided to quit focusing on men and start focusing on bettering me. I am predisposed to many different medical conditions thanks to genetics, but I've always been more of a proactive girl so I thought I would do everything I could to beat the diseases before they got to me. I have no idea if I've done this or not, but getting myself in check can only be helping push things back. Having a mom with a collapsed lung at 34 years old and being 32 myself, I wasn't about to allow this to happen to me.

I have done weight loss before and lost quite a bit of weight, but never really learned how to cook anything that wasn't processed. This year I knew that I wouldn't have a problem in the gym as I'd worked with a trainer before so this was my year to learn to cook. I have been successful at completely changing what we (my son and I) eat and how we eat it and I'm very happy about that.

My stats were...

SW: 202.8 lbs
BF% 50.2%

And now...

CW: 163.2 lbs
BF% 21.1%

That is a total loss of 39.6 lbs and I've cut my fat down by over half. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am loving where I'm at and am proud of what I've accomplished.

If there's one thing I would like to pass on to other women...lift weights and PLEASE eat more than 1200 calories...you will NOT get bulky. I do believe cardio is necessary for heart health, but it will not get you a defined and toned body.

Christmas 2011
2cfw3g8.jpg

January 2012
2zr480h.jpg

Comparison
2609xf6.jpg

2m3i7ol.jpg

December 2012
5xmk3a.jpg

29vjibl.jpg

pno5e.jpg

Replies

• Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Congrats!!!! btw I would love to have your hips!!!!
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That is a total loss of 39.6 lbs and I've cut my fat down by over half. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am loving where I'm at and am proud of what I've accomplished.
    And you should be! Awesome! Great accomplishment! Keep it up in 2013!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!! This is freaking fantastic!

Your advice is great, too. i feel bad for people who can't cook and are trying to lose weight by eating frozen meals, microwaveable things and stuff out of a box. If you don't have to prep it, it's probably not very good for you. lol.
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Way to go :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    *thumbs way up!!!*
  • poofa93
    Options
    You look amazing! This is so inspirational. I know you will easily reach your end goal. The important thing is you're much healthier and happier! Happy new year!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Congrats!!!! btw I would love to have your hips!!!!

Thanks, I'm trying to embrace the hips because they've always been there and always will be.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Best change in the after pictures? That confident smile!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Love killing it at the gym with you... here's to 2013!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options
    Thank you all, you're so sweet. It's a LOT of hard work and I still have my down days, but will keep going for 2013, becoming better and better every day :smile:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options
    Great Job! Best change in the after pictures? That confident smile!

That's the one thing I always notice in everyone's progress pics too :smile:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options
    So happy for you! Love killing it at the gym with you... here's to 2013!!

Heck ya, here's to us in 2013!!
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, congratulations. Looks like you put some hard work in and stuck with it. You are an inspiration :smile:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Options
    Look at you!!! This is freaking fantastic!

Your advice is great, too. i feel bad for people who can't cook and are trying to lose weight by eating frozen meals, microwaveable things and stuff out of a box. If you don't have to prep it, it's probably not very good for you. lol.

I actually lost 65 lbs eating processed food the first time, but I'd cut out the fast food and daily chocolate bars that time. The problem was that I gained most of it back because I was still not eating right. This time I'm doing it for life.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    you look amazing.
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! So very inspiring. *applause*
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have no hips :( Trust me you look smoking hot with those hips! Once again congrats you look incredible!
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    And I def agree with you on the women should lift weights :)
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation !! Congrats!! You my dear look fanfreakin' tastic !! Love the sparkle in your eyes and your swagger...lol.
    I hope 2013 has continued successes haeded your way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!