Restarting the MFP journey-need a support system!

Hi All!

I started MFP last year, around this time. (Big surprise), and since then I have not found anything that has worked better for me. I am back because I know dedicating myself to consistent self-monitoring and seeking external motivation is the way to go. Last year, I was starting to drop the pounds because I was disciplined in tracking my food and exercise but life and a million other excuses got in the way. So, one year later and 10 pounds heavier- I am ready to start all of over again and this time I am not giving up. In order to do that, I realize that I need a solid support system. I am looking for a few individuals who are seriously committed to losing weight, and ideally looking to lose 60 pounds. I would like to embark on this journey with company of like-minded individuals. Please add me!

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,986 Member
    I'm in the SAME boat! Lets do this TOGETHER and next Dec 31st, well both be smaller happier versions of ourselves! :)
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    After losing 20lbs I was feeling great then I went out with some friends and new friends and felt so out of place. My confidence dropped a few notches and my goal is to have that back plus that hot body :) feel free to add me, im working on losing another 45lbs :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Good luck to you ladies! My sis is also starting today which I'm very proud of, add me or her if you'd like. Her name on here is d_llopez. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Nothing wrong with restarting! I think we all have - myself included, feel free to add me!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    Best wishes on your journey
    midnighttrain.gif \m/
  • kgpeper
    kgpeper Posts: 3 Member
    Similar story! Just re-started this a few days ago!
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    You can add me too. My over all goal is 75-100 pounds total fat loss; as of Dec 1st 2012, I am already down 25 pounds :-)
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    I too am starting over and looking for and giving support! Feel free to add me!
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    I'm starting over too-as of today. Any of you can add me. I lost 69 lbs in a year then stepped on the scale today and learned that I have gained back like 15. (Talk about reality check) :-O. I don't wanna go back in the other direction so I'm looking for some additional support/motivation since a lot of my "friends" have disappeared...
  • Mizzshy1
    Mizzshy1 Posts: 13 Member
    I am In thes asame boat Feel fre to add me
  • Ditto for me, I also did this and lost about 10 pounds, but got off track and quit. Now, I'm 20 pounds heavier and more miserable. need support and encouragement also, but i need to get me eating right back on track and find a workout for my muffin top i've aquired. once i figure out how to add again, I will add you:smile:
  • This is my second start as well as of few weeks ago but slacked due to holidays. MFP has been awesome site and friends i have are totally awesome. However would love to be able to add to anyone's support system and would love some more in return. Anyone can feel free to add me. I log every day, have open diary and try to comment as much as I can
  • Hi I just joined tonight..I have 72 pounds to lose...I could use some motivation as well...I don't know how to request friends yet...help :)
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    I just send messages to the topic board. Start wise, but start.... Set up a reasonable plan, not a starvation system. Eat protein in the morning so you feel full. Tell yourself you can eat a carb favorite in two weeks and then say that again in two weeks. Lift Progresso soup cans for light weights. Walk around a block eight times.... You don't have to spend money to do this. There are very sincere people in here... and the ultimate goal is... good health... Best wishes. :flowerforyou:
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    you can add me if you like but I do have more to lose then you :)

*Best of luck on your journey :)