cant get back on track! :(

Options
for the past 2 weeks i have been eating so unhealthy, eating mcdonalds alot too :( whatever junk food is around i feel i MUST eat it,

i keep telling myself that "tomorrow will be a fresh start" i eat good all morning and a healthy lunch, and then after than it goes down hill from there i eat whatever i can find!

anyone have any hints that can help me get back on track?

Replies

• bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Trying to do video 1 of Insanity and failing miserably has made me straighten up in areas that I can easily fix ...I plan on eating better and losing as much skinny fat as I can so I can do those videos again.....
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you at the moment...I have been thinking to myself to count my calories and then I always end up going overboard!!! :(
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Planning is everything. Decide what you are going to eat a day ahead and pre-log it into your journal. This helps you be a little more accountable and takes the guess work out of deciding what to eat in the moment. Muster up a little willpower and you'll be golden. Goodluck!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Don't be around junk food, don't keep it in your home, don't carry cash you don't absolutely NEED, always keep healthy food in the house and carry it with you, don't go near MacDs, walk or drive a different route so you don't even go past if needs be.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    for the past 2 weeks i have been eating so unhealthy, eating mcdonalds alot too :( whatever junk food is around i feel i MUST eat it,

i keep telling myself that "tomorrow will be a fresh start" i eat good all morning and a healthy lunch, and then after than it goes down hill from there i eat whatever i can find!

This sounds like me exactly. But mine has been going on since Thanksgiving!!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    In my experience, tomorrow never comes. Start right now. Get some exercise and make your next meal a nutritious one.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Planning is everything. Decide what you are going to eat a day ahead and pre-log it into your journal. This helps you be a little more accountable and takes the guess work out of deciding what to eat in the moment. Muster up a little willpower and you'll be golden. Goodluck!

Agree with this. I read somewhere once that decision-making is like a muscle... it gets tired the more you use it, until it gets stronger. So if you spent all your willpower making good food decisions in the morning and afternoon - plus all the other life decisions you make in a day - it's not surprising that by dinner time your self-discipline is worn out and you make bad (and easy) choices. Pre-plan your meals and have them easily accessible, that'll be 3 less decisions you have to make.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Set goals and rewards. Use these as motivation :) For example, you could say after 10 lbs you'll get a new hair cut, after 20 lbs a massage, after 30 lbs a new outfit :) If you have short term and long term goals and rewards, you are more likely to reap the "benefits" instead of just the one long term goal. Also, then you are celebrating your progress along the way, making you more motivated to celebrate the next goal reached :)

Also... planning, planning, planning. I work at mcdonalds. In fact I'm a manager so I get it FREE... everyday... I started adjusting my choices but really that wasn't enough. It wasn't until I joined MFP and decided to completely change my choices and bring a healthy lunch to work that I really felt committed to this new lifestyle :) I plan usually the night before, sometimes the morning off. Every week I go to the grocery store to make sure I have fresh fruit and yogurt for my snacks. It is work, but really nutrition is the main key to weight loss and the new healthy you :)

Good luck and add me as a friend if you would like
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its been a little tough for me, too. I totally agree with planning. Do your diary ahead and stick to it.......thats what is helping me. You can do it....you did it before. GOOD LUCK!!
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, that's what happens to me all the time. It's like the "drive" to really get back on track doesn't come to me no matter how hard I force it. It comes when it wants to come, when I see how much I've gained or I see myself in an unflattering picture. It has to HIT me, it won't come to me just by me telling myself how I need to do better.

....I guess that wasn't very helpful lol. But you're not alone, is my point. :P
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

What I would do is not worry about the calories, but instead of the food. I know a calorie is a calorie but you will feel much better eating 2000 calories of healthier food than 2000 calories of McD's. So start with changing the food not calorie intake for a few days. That usually gets me back on track.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You are a young lady and you look so super slim and fit in your profile pic..It is a new year and a new start just get `back on the horse`

We can all do it together...it has been a time for over indulging and a new beginning coming up.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Dont keep putting it off till tomorrow, do it now!! do it today!! put down the chips, keep driving by Mcdonalds!! you are only letting yourself down, take back your control!! :smile:
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem, since Thanksgiving. I need to quit telling myself I'll start again tomorrow. I need to start right now.