Anyone who has 100lb or more to lose? Please be my friend

Options
I am only on my 4th day and I'm already struggling.

100lb just seems so much to lose that I feel I will never make a dent in that number!

I could really use some friends on here who are going through or have been through the same.

Replies

• Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100 to lose but I would like to lose 70+, I am not doing the best with my weight loss but I am here to help support and encourage you. Feel free to add me
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it as 100 lbs, you'll never get ahead doing it that way. Think of it as 10lbs at a time, one pant size at a time, one NSV at a time. You'll be feeling better about yourself, and the time will go by faster than you think. There will still be times where you will feel overwhelmed, but don't let it get to you.

I'll send a FR. :)
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have about that to lose but I've decided to take my weight loss in tiny steps... so I'm starting at a loss of about 40 lbs. Add me if you'd like!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have 100 left to lose- you can add me :)
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a goal to lose about 100-110 pounds total, but have lost about 45 so far. It can feel overwhelming and frustrating, but it's worth it. I feel like I've worked really hard to "only lose 45 pounds" but then I realize that had I not done that work, I would not only be 45 pounds heavier, but most likely more, since I was continuing to gain until I changed.

I agree with the others, try to break it into small amounts. I like to look at each 10 pounds as a mini goal. I actually look at it twice; when I hit 192, I was excited because I had lost 30 pounds, but when I hit 189, I was excited to be out of the 190s. Add me if you want.
  • seadiamond1
    Options
    Ideally I have 100 pounds to lose but I'm just doing it 10 pounds at a time. I've lost 23 so far and just keep keeping on. Since I'm older I can only do easy to moderate exercise so I'm starting that slowly too by making sure I get in a little each day. It adds up by the end of the week. I do walkaerobics and try out the challenges that are posted on my MFP timeline. The thing for me is to be honest with my logging each day. if I eat something I shouldn't or too much of something, I make sure I record it then I review it all every few days to make sure it's not a trend. Lately I have been right at goal with everything so it CAN BE DONE
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.

I don't have 100 to lose, 60-80 yes. I don't look at the total number. I take it a week at a time. I participate in challenges, I goal 15 pounds every 50 days. This way I'm focused on smaller more easily attainable number rather than EIGHTY FREAKING POUNDS!?!?! :happy:
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I have 150+ I'd like to lose - anyone may add me. It is a daunting number to deal with... *hugs to all*
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    FR Sent. :)
  • rawr9187
    Options
    my main goal is to lose 80, but will try to lose 100 once i get passed my main goal...i would love to help support you! request sent :)
  • cruisegal_aat
    cruisegal_aat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45lbs but still have about 120 more to go. Give yourself a small goal and shoot for that. You can't losse 100lbs until you loose 20lbs. Know that the first few weeks are adjustment weeks, you're getting used to your program and beginning to make changes. You won't always be perfect, but you will be moving in the right direction!!!!!!
  • vwpiper
    vwpiper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started on my 100 weight loss road myself. I am new to MFP. It is amazing the support reading through the posts. Add me if you like.
  • boorenea
    Options
    i wolud love tobe your friend i'm in need of some support myself this is not as easy i thought, the hardest is the exercise for me what about u ?
  • saraedens
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. On everyday and Have 88 lbs left to lose! Started with 118 to lose!
  • KHUDASGAL
    Options
    Oh add me too! I gotta loose an awful lot too but i gotta do this thing 10 lbs or so @ a time or I'll never make it. LOVE US!
  • Diane_1984
    Diane_1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I have 42kgs to lose and would love some more friends so I feel more accountable with my food/exercise diary. Thanks.
  • fervc64
    fervc64 Posts: 53
    Options
    Set mini goals. Take it a day at a time.
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Even though it is hard, don't think about the whole 100 lbs. It will be great when I get to 100 lbs lost, but I am taking it in chunks of 20. I know that BMI says I should way, but that isn't my focus. My original long term goal is to lose 79 lbs. When I get to that I will reevaluate and probably go for more.

Decide to work on today.

I will be happy to friend you and help anyway that I can.
  • anemicroyalty10
    anemicroyalty10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 120 to lose. But I'm gonna stick with small goals at a time.
    If anyone can add me it'd be greatly appreciated. It's hard to do so from my phone (:
  • sonjajenl
    Options
    I have 119 pounds to lose and I am just starting tomorrow. So we can do this. It is hard to believe that I could lose that much and it sickens me to think I need to lose an entire person to be healthy. I weigh in now at 260 lbs and I'm 5-5. I am starting the South Beach tomorrow. I can't wait to do it. I am going to log my food on here so I can get the motivation from others. Good luck to us all.