I want my skin back!

Options
2»

Replies

• juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've had horrible cystic acne since I was about 12. That means I've been seeing a dermatologists for 31 years. Even tried accutane which worked great for about 8 years then the effects wore off. I know you like natural as much as possible but for lots of people it really is an excess of testosterone. My derm put me on spironolactone to control the hormones and I no longer get the cystic type acne. I still breakout when I eat too much sugar so controlling carbs helps. It might be worth a visit to the derm to discuss it.

I love my clarisonic with Fresh Soy Cleanser in the evening to get off makeup. I use a 20% glycolic acid wash every morning. I also use Maracuja oil in the evening and makes my face so soft and the high levels of vitamin c helps with brightness and discoloration.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been getting dark spots (hate to say it but yes, age spots) so I started using Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer and it does diminish the appearance of acne scars a bit. I have no idea how it works - i just notice my skin looks more even (hence the name of the product!).

Over the summer i wasn't using it daily because of my glorious tan (hah!) and the spots became noticeable again so I went back to daily use. When I see a Neutrogena sale at the pharmacy I stock up!
  • runthisthing
    Options
    Does it help with your acne though? You have beautiful skin. See I have really acne prone skin...I'm afraid if I use olive oil it might make my skin break out more. I have heard of people trying that though and they said it worked.
    I like olive oil even though it sounds really odd. I usually use it about once a week and it always makes my skin look and feel much better :-)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    chemical peels. I get them on my back frequently as I have a lot of scarring from my late teens. I also do it on my face too. They use VI peel precision on my face and precision plus on my back.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Retin-A and/ or microneedling, everything else is high risk for the results or just plain ineffective according to the published research.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Water. And Bio-Oil is seriously the best thing i have ever used. It seems really odd to put an oil directly on your face, but I kid you not, it is the BEST. I had bad rosacea, and it is almost completely gone now after only 3 months.

Also, I really just wanted to say "it rubs the lotion on its skin." hehehehe

I totally agree with this! Bio oil has really helped my stretch mArks look better too!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    How do you use the olive oil on your face? just rub it on like cream?
    Seems odd, but I'd be willing to try.
  • PipBnz
    PipBnz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Microneedling. A friend had it done as she had bad acne scarring and by the end of her treatments her skin was FLAWLESS , as soon as i can afford im doing it too!
    But for now Clinique scrubs (especially the turnaround instant facial) do make a difference, after approx 6 months mine have faded to only needing a tinted moisturizer to cover the discolorations :)