Insanity - month 2 and results question!

Options
Hi all! I just started month 2 of insanity today and I had a few questions. Month 1 was very challenging but by the end, I was actually starting to get the hang of it and taking less breaks so was a little more enjoyable. Does month 2 ever get that way? I had to take soooo many extra breaks and really had a hard time finishing. Which I guess is good as it is certainly pushing me but does it get better? lol I haven't seen much results from month 1 so it is really not motivating to keep going at this point lol I have changed my diet so it is much healthier since beginning this program and try to make sure I'm eating well and enough calories since I am still nursing our 6 month old.

Anybody also not see results the first month but go on to lose more weight and inches in the second?!? I need motivation here to keep going!!

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Month 2, for me, never got "easier" but I was able to do it and not take as many breaks as the weeks went on. I lost more inches in month 2 than month 1. Just keep pushing yourself through the workouts. I hated the plyo in month 2 and dreaded it every time it was the scheduled workout, but I still gave everything I had for it. Think all those push ups did me some good in the end though.lol. I didn't see the scale move much until I started eating at least 1600-1800 a day, and I'm not breastfeeding. I know for me, I've had 4 kids, that I never lost the weight while nursing, but it came off quickly as soon as I was done.

Good luck.....and don't give up on Insanity, you'll feel better as month 2 progresses!!
  • mistygreer
    mistygreer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay for you and Insanity!!! I am a team beachbody coach & personal trainer and Love Insanity & Asylum. Insanity is super tough and its good that you took breaks when needed. Rest is better than getting sloppy with form because getting sloppy can cause injury. One thing that I try to do is...when I start getting tired , or I think I just cant do anymore... push thru it and go 10 more seconds, or 5 more reps. Then rest. Then the next time you do it...you will be able to go that much further !
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    Month 2, for me, never got "easier" but I was able to do it and not take as many breaks as the weeks went on. I lost more inches in month 2 than month 1. Just keep pushing yourself through the workouts. I hated the plyo in month 2 and dreaded it every time it was the scheduled workout, but I still gave everything I had for it. Think all those push ups did me some good in the end though.lol. I didn't see the scale move much until I started eating at least 1600-1800 a day, and I'm not breastfeeding. I know for me, I've had 4 kids, that I never lost the weight while nursing, but it came off quickly as soon as I was done.

Good luck.....and don't give up on Insanity, you'll feel better as month 2 progresses!!

Thank you so much! I was hoping to hear from another mom who has done gone through the program. I had a problem losing weight while I was nursing my son too...my doctor thought I was crazy when I told him that is the reason why I am having such a hard time losing weight. I didn't try anything extreme like this while I was nursing him though so I had wondered if maybe I just didn't push myself enough. I am going to do my best to push through this and get to the end. Plyo is tomorrow so dreading it now haha thanks for the reply!
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    Yay for you and Insanity!!! I am a team beachbody coach & personal trainer and Love Insanity & Asylum. Insanity is super tough and its good that you took breaks when needed. Rest is better than getting sloppy with form because getting sloppy can cause injury. One thing that I try to do is...when I start getting tired , or I think I just cant do anymore... push thru it and go 10 more seconds, or 5 more reps. Then rest. Then the next time you do it...you will be able to go that much further !

Thanks for the encouragement! I will definitely try doing that to motivate myself! Hoping tomorrow goes better than today did. :) I thought month 1 was rough but month 2 might kill me haha what is Asylum? Is it harder than insanity? Trying to decide what to do after insanity. :)
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting insanity.. like day two!
    When is started today's workout i had to stop cause my asthma is super flared up from being around so many smokers over the holidays. I'm restarting it after dinner.
    did you have to take a lot of 5 sec 10 sec breaks when you first started? did you pause the DVD or just let continue?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting insanity.. like day two!
    When is started today's workout i had to stop cause my asthma is super flared up from being around so many smokers over the holidays. I'm restarting it after dinner.
    did you have to take a lot of 5 sec 10 sec breaks when you first started? did you pause the DVD or just let continue?

Don't pause, push through it. You will get better with time
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OMG today was my first day of month 2. I skipped the fit test and just did the circuit, it was tough I felt nauseous, maybe because I had a protein bar 15 mins prior and started my workout later than usual so I was kind of hungry. I definitely pushed myself, just keep pushing, hopefully our endurance and strength will continue to increase as we finish off the month. I'll prob do the fit test instead of recovery, or just do the fit test at the end of Insanity.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I completed Insanity and I liked month 1 better than month 2. It never got easier, but I did catch on. Month 2 for some reason didn't appeal to me like #1 did. Because of it, I never did another round. I do incorporate 1 or 2 of the DVD's into my work out since I do like the way they do push me to my limits.
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    OMG today was my first day of month 2. I skipped the fit test and just did the circuit, it was tough I felt nauseous, maybe because I had a protein bar 15 mins prior and started my workout later than usual so I was kind of hungry. I definitely pushed myself, just keep pushing, hopefully our endurance and strength will continue to increase as we finish off the month. I'll prob do the fit test instead of recovery, or just do the fit test at the end of Insanity.

I skipped the fit test too...I barely had enough time for the actual workout having a toddler an baby around so figured I would just do the one at the end. I felt sickish too but I remember I did the first few days of month one too so hopefully we will get better this month too. Good luck to you!! This is the hardest thing I have ever done I think :)
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    I completed Insanity and I liked month 1 better than month 2. It never got easier, but I did catch on. Month 2 for some reason didn't appeal to me like #1 did. Because of it, I never did another round. I do incorporate 1 or 2 of the DVD's into my work out since I do like the way they do push me to my limits.

Good to know! Did you at least get some good results from it? I'm scares to finish this and not see change haha
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just completed the first real workout and this will be the hardest workout series i have ever taken on. But i think..hope i'm up for the challenge.
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    I just completed the first real workout and this will be the hardest workout series i have ever taken on. But i think..hope i'm up for the challenge.

You can do it!! :) just keep pushing play. That is my goal for everyday now. It's rough but I really wanna finish.
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stoked to see so many people doing Insanity!! I've done two rounds so far starting my 3rd today. Month two does get easier the first week in month 2 kills me every time and the first time I did month two I took so many breaks but second time less just keep pushing through so far ive lost 37lbs :)
  • lilystardust89
    Options
    Not much use for the Yanks but anyone wanting to try Insanity from the UK, this is the cheapest place to get it without illegal download.

http://www.alldvdsonline.co.uk/goods-2048-Insanity-60-Day-Total-Body-Conditioning-Workout-Program-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING.html

I gotta save up for it but I will be trying it out as soon as the bank balance allows it.
  • lovinglife89
    Options
    Stoked to see so many people doing Insanity!! I've done two rounds so far starting my 3rd today. Month two does get easier the first week in month 2 kills me every time and the first time I did month two I took so many breaks but second time less just keep pushing through so far ive lost 37lbs :)

Wow! Great job! During month 1 I thought maybe I would do another round when I finish but not sure now haha guess we will see how it goes. Great to know it will get easier!!!
  • HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through my second round of insanity. I am always looking for inspirational/insanity buddies. Feel free to add me. :)