girls! what facial products do u use?.. help :)

Options

Replies

• Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I have dry skin as well. I use Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, Cetaphil to wash my face, Cetaphin lotion, or Egyptian Magic. I don't use them all together,but I switch back & forth from each one. They all work great!!!
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If my skin gets really dry I'll dab a little bit of olive oil on it before bed. I don't get acne, ever, so.. to exfoliate I mix sugar and milk, and gently rub that on, than rinse with ice cold water.

I use walmart's equate brand anti wrinkle face cream, that works really well. And a generic brand acne med (salicylic acid) for any sun spots or discolorations.

And I drink about a liter and a half of water a day. Though I usually forget to log it. :/

And I'll be 43 in March btw.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Very few things work beyond superficial moisturizing. Try sunscreen SPF 50 or higher. Sun damage is what makes you look old. As far as reversing damage, hyaluronic acid works as well as anything else. Many good ones have it as a key ingredient. Loreal revitalift serum is a good one.

But ask any dermatologist, and you'll hear sunscreen.

Absolutely! Sunscreen is key. I'm in my 30s and most people dont guess that correctly because I have great skin. I am religious with the sun screen, and always have been.

40 here, and I look years younger than the women I grew up with, including my younger sister, who looks a good 5 years older than me. I'm Florida raised, so sun is a constant thing. I can tan if I want to, but looking like leather ain't my thing.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Very few things work beyond superficial moisturizing. Try sunscreen SPF 50 or higher. Sun damage is what makes you look old. As far as reversing damage, hyaluronic acid works as well as anything else. Many good ones have it as a key ingredient. Loreal revitalift serum is a good one.

But ask any dermatologist, and you'll hear sunscreen.

amen to that. when i was in my late teens/early 20's i worshiped the sun and tanning beds... if i could take it all back i would, it definitely caused damage to my skin. I am now religious with using an SPF daily.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Before I found the Natruflift line from The Body Shop, I, too, had those pesky dry patches. I wet my face and then I put a few drops of water in my hand followed by three aspirin. I smooshed them together until they were dissolved and then spread it on my face. Left it on for about 10 mins. and then washed it off. No more dry spots. (Found this on pinterest!).
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've had to get stuff from the dr because my face has been REALLY dry and I've not got eczema again, been using hydrocortisone , special face wash and cream...but I do love Aveeno, Olay and garnier day cream have also been favourites
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil. It works great, all natural and not pricey. Three wins!

Do you just get any coconut oil? One in a big jar that is also used for cooking or do you use oe that is specifically for skin care? Always wondered about this.

I have changed stuff over time as my skin has changed over years, seems very 5-7 years I need to change products. Currently to moisturize skin I use Clique Youth Surge day spf 15 and night cream. They come specific for your skin type, I have combination to oily just because it tends to break out if I put other type skincare on. But my skin is not oily at all. I also use periodically different serums, and Cliques yellow bottle lotion which is very lightweight.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The anti-aging products from Vichy are brilliant.

And hypo-allergenic as well, which is always good.

You should only really use a good quality mild cleanser and cream. If you use too much stuff on your face, you're just aggravating your skin, making whatever problems you have worse. Just consistently use just two things and your skin will recover. Also saves a lot of money.
    My dermatologist told me this and cutting back on products actually saved my face from acne AND dry patches.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen ! My favorite is M.D. Forte. It works as a moisturizer and healer too.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    for people who use coconut and other oils does it cause acne?.... lol because my face is weird... im scared of getting acne from oil on face?...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/141871-the-oil-cleansing-method-highly-recommended/

Wow, this post came at the perfect time for me. I'm going to try the OCM! Thank you for posting this.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer, work best for me.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer, work best for me.

I third this moisturizer. I love it so much!
  • alana_swiss
    Options
    I have dry skin so I use extra virgin olive oil. not kidding. I use it to remove makeup, cleanse and moisturise. I use it for my whole body too.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I use Pond's cucumber cold cream (the kind you wipe off with a tissue or dry washcloth.)

I moisturize with Cetaphil moisturizing cream in the tube. I use St. Ives apricot scrub every now and then.

I have extremely dry skin so these may be too heavy for someone who wants oil control.
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump this, I too get those dry patches, usually after I use oil of olay's moisturizer, ironically, so I'm looking for something else.
  • aylawill
    Options
    I have combination/oily skin and I've been using Mary Kay's Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser for about a year now. It works pretty well. However, I just started (this week) using the Oil Cleansing Method that a few PPs have mentioned. So far I love it! My skin is soft, and my face is finally starting to clear up! I use a 3 to 1 mixture of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    coconut oil is wonderful. make sure you get the virgin, unprocessed kind. it's more expensive, but better for your skin cause they don't chemically alter it. edit : someone asked if it's the same coconut oil you use for cooking, and yes, it is. i'll moisturize my face in the morning then throw some in the skillet for eggs. again, make sure it's the unrefined kind of oil.

i also use Kiehls products. they're expensive, but i like to spoil myself. i use their daily facial cream, skin brightening face wash, under eye cream (avocado cream) and acne cream.
  • christinamonte
    Options
    I do not use any facial cream or makeup. There is no need for me to do so because I think always try to look as you are no need to change urself for show offs and trust me it's also not good for your skin because it contains all the harmful chemicals. I saw a many beauty products which women uses and suffer from its side-effects on there face. So I prefer natural beauty and I also advice you "be as you are"!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    well i have been noticing that lately my skin has been very dry... i barely wear make-up but when i do it shows that i have dry patches even if i put a lotion on my face.. also i see dark circles under my eyes that sink in... what can i do? what products do u guys use?
    what aging products REALLY work?
    or are there natural options i can do to help my face because im kinda broke..
    thank u girls...!!

Roc, it's brilliant, has made the most difference to my dark circles under my eyes too
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    olay or dermalogica :)