2013: Back on the Wagon

Options
Did anyone else fall off the exercise and eating-right wagon towards the end of 2012?

I'm really hoping to get back into it for 2013. c: Finals killed my momentum, so I'm trying to gain it back (the drive to lose, not the weight, haha). It's proving a lot more difficult than I thought. x__x

So who else is in the same boat?

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I have been absolutely HORRIBLE with my eating and exercising the past 3 weeks. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it...and I am back on the wagon as of today. Let's just keep on keepin' on and look forward into 2013 :)
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I fell off the eating good/losing weight wagon around Thanksgiving, when everyone I know wanted me to bake something for them for the holidays. -.-;

It's a new year though, and after the holidays, so it should be much easier to get on track. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Uhm yeah, back to business tomorrow though. I'm laying on my couch in actual physical pain from eating too much tonight.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    definitely in the same boat! I resisted all the chocolates, sweets and crisps until Xmas then I have eaten solidly since then! So much so I gained 3lbs!! lol.

But I have eaten so much less than I used to eat around this time of year, and for a shorter amount of time so I am seeing that as a silver lining!!

Good luck to everyone climbing back on the bandwagon!!!!

Happy New Year!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I have been absolutely HORRIBLE with my eating and exercising the past 3 weeks. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it...and I am back on the wagon as of today. Let's just keep on keepin' on and look forward into 2013 :)

same! It's like my brain said, "You're a naturally thin person who doesn't need to exercise and watch what you put in your mouth!" and my body said, "Fatness and blubber, come unto me!"

Grrr at no one but myself but picking myself up and dusting myself off and heading to the gym!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Yup. I've been eating crap and not exercising much for about a month now. Luckily, I've maintained and not gained, but still didn't reach my goal to be 199 by the new year. Grr. Time to get back at it!!! Cheers to you! Let's do this people!!!
  • Jeanne1974
    Options
    I'm back on the wagon.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Guilty!
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    Yup.. back on the wagon too.. I've prepared all my lunches and dinner for the rest of this week so NO excuses, i've also thrown away all the leftovers / chocolate EVERYTHING..

Feel free to add me for support!
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was doing quite well until everyone started to arrive for Christmas. I ended up with much larger breakfasts, then cups of teas/ coffee about 11 with biscuits. Then doing a proper lunch ( instead of grabbing a snack) the tea plus cake about 4 then dinner plus wine. On top I could not get to the gym. Now feeling fat, bloated and in need of lots of fresh fruit and salad.How can my children eat so much and still be so slim,!!!!!
    I do love having everyone home and it is great to have children plus husband/wife/boyfriend but it is back to reality. Got to get tutor lessons ready for tomorrow plus back to exercise and meals when I want to eat.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Gained 3 lbs, but still been exercising and also nothing like the damage done over previous Xmas seasons. I will NOT beat myself up about it though, as it was gained so quickly it will probably go pretty quickly too, and all of us who are posting on this thread are facing up to it and not burying our heads in the sand.

Good luck everybody with achieving your fitness goals in 2013 :flowerforyou:
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I fell off the "eating right" wagon back in September and have struggled to get back on ever since. I also went from exercising 4-5 days a week to 3. I haven't gained any weight but my weight loss has completely stalled. I've committed to getting back to my 5 day workouts and am working to make better food choices again.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. YOu are not alone!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes, between being really sick, christmas, not being at home, and the cold getting to my motivation, I have been less than great!

Back today though, and right back where I left off ;)

I'm glad there is other people in the same boat, it is just human nature to be a little lax during the winter months ha ha.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally fell off the wagon during the holidays but am ready to get back to it and loose the final thirty pounds. Isn't it funny how we are programmed to think that overeating equals celebrating? I guess it says as much about social convention as it does about individuals falling off the wagon. Good luck everyone!
  • wallencorm
    Options
    I made a joke 3 days from 12/21/12 that if the world was going to end I was going to eat whatever I wanted. Now I am done... gained back 2 lbs of the 30 I lost
  • LuAnne46
    Options
    Fell off the wagon in October with some traveling and never got back on. 2012 a new year and back on the wagon!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I am personally so relieved that the socializing is over so that I can get back on track! Hard to eat at a deficit when there is so much wine involved :wink:
  • chepai
    chepai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Guilty! Damn holiday sweets, of which I baked some too! Here's to a fabulous, successful, healthier 2013!
  • epcot6
    epcot6 Posts: 44
    Options
    Oh I'm definitely guilty. I fell so far off the wagon I don't even know where it is right now!