BRA PROBLEM, HELP PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• SharonMarquiss
    Options
    Check out The Pink Fox boutique online, also The Wizard of Bras. Good luck on finding the right fit! Sharon
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a few from Title Nine I'm really impressed with...they are sports bras but designed well enough for every day use as well.
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    for sports bras, I use Champion's Moving Comfort (www.movingcomfort.com), high impact. They are sized according to your regular bras size & work quite well. They're about $45 in a sporting goods store. (I'm currently 40D)
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was recently measured at JC Penney. The woman was wonderful. When she told me what size I should be wearing, I told her that there was no way, but was willing to try one on to show her that she was mistaken. But she nailed it. I was wearing the wrong size in both the band and cup!! Having the right size bra is life changing, and actually fixes much of your wardrobe! Get measured.
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I bought bra extenders at Motherhood (it's just a piece of fabric that has those little hooks in it - they extend the length around your chest) for a couple of dollars. If you find a bra that fits your cup nicely, but is tight you can use these. They aren't only for pregnant people, I just know they sell them there since your size changes during pregnancy. This is also nice if your chest shrinks as you lose and you dont' want to keep spending $ on new bras...just buy a bra a little on the snug size, add the extender, and then when you lose, remove the extender.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time finding my size (42D) in stores. There are a couple of online stores that carry every brand and style you can think of. I don't know if this will get pulled but herroom or barenecessities. They also carry accessories (some of the stuff is really ingenuous!) as well as lingerie. Check them out!

Edited to add: herroom's method of finding your size is really unique. It takes into consideration size, shape, shoulders, and any problems with bras in the past. It is fantastic!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I couldn't edit my first post but I went onto Dillard's website and I'm 99% sure the brand I had and loved was Chantelle.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting fitted, first and foremost. But I highly recommend any bra by Moving Comfort. There 'Fiona' is the greatest sports bra I have ever owned, hands down. I know they are sold in many places but I get mine at REI.
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Moving Comfort bras as well. I am is the DD to E range and can run in their sports bras with zero bounce and they give me a nice shape ( no pancake boobs here)
  • cardgirl48
    Options
    I am 44 DD I like just my size from walmart. they fit well. Also do not put your bras in the dryer. It streches them out.
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    I read how to measure myself and then I went and had a professional measure me. We both had the same size, it isn't rocket science. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/style/bra-size

Measure around under your boobs withou a bra on. Then measure around on top of your boob. For ever 1 inch difference, that is your cup size. Mine is 40" around and on top of the boobs its 44". That is a 4 inch difference so that means its a D cup. If its 5" then you have a DD cup.

I have been losing weight so my size has changed a little. I got a molded bra, one without underwire for sports and one for lounging, I tried the underwire minimizer and the regular underwire. I tried ALL stretch and just stretch in the cup (most comfortable but doesn't keep its shape well). I think it is a personal choice and you need to do your own research.

As was mentioned, don't dry your bras. Put them on the line while the rest is tossing in the dryer. I also put mine in a laundry bag that zips up and wash them with my whites. they are so expensive its worth taking the time to do this.

I hope this helps! Great Topic... I enjoyed reading the other posts.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My bras dont fit the way they should anymore. I lost my cup sizes faster than I lost my waist size. hahahaha! Oh well, I just wear padded ones because ti keeps the shape better. Maybe padded ones will help you keep yours too. I like fashion bug bras because they seem to come in the weird body type sizes like me. You might want to try there.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I prefer Lane Bryant for mine (40F/38G) simply because they make them look pretty, the straps aren't too thick, and the bands are very supportive with minimal back fat.

I don't recommend JCPenney or Soma - both measure more similarly to the Victoria's Secret measurement, which is insufficient for a larger bust. Also, the quality of bras don't include the engineering required to keep our gorgeous busts lifted! If you can fit into them (I sadly can't right now), the Extreme Hollywood Cleavage bra from Frederick's of Hollywood is one that I adore - especially for the lifting. And yes, remove all the excess padding :smile:

Good luck!!
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also if you have a SOMA near you, they have large sizes as well. I started out a 40 DDD and I'm now a 36 DD. They have all kinds of bras and styles for larger endowed women and they are REAL bras, not like that unrealistic crap VS throws at you.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I recently got a bra I love from Target. It is a Bali. I didn't know they sold them. It is tan with black lace overlay.
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree, getting good fitting is step one!! I read once that about 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size lol

That said, I LOVE the bras at Cacique. They're expensive as hell, but they last forever. They make several difference shapes depending on what you like. They're pretty, and dammit, they make me feel pretty lol

If you're talking sports bras, I recently got one from Walmart that I like. It's made by Danskin, and it zips up the front. I have a bad shoulder that tends to dislocate if I lift it above my head, so trying to shimmy out of a tight sweaty sports bra is a disaster waiting to happen lol
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I second the moving comfort fiona as a great sports bra. I have two of them, and they are wonderful sports bras. I wear a 36DD and these bras really keep me comfortable when working out. When I get some extra $, I plan on ordering some good everyday bras from HerRoom.
  • jmslewis
    jmslewis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! I wanted to second Lane Bryant! Before my weight gain I shopped at Victorias Secret. VS definitely gives you a great shape, but I don't quite fit there anymore! I looked everywhere and Lane Bryant looks the best by far! BUT don't buy at regular price! They have sales a few times a year. Right now they have buy 2 get 2 free!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Body by Victoria bras are fantastic. I'm normally a 38D/DD depending on the brand (pre-baby), and the VS ones are fantastic. They are full coverage, offer good support, and are smooth under shirts.

I cannot wear Lane Bryant bras. I have narrow shoulders and every bra I ever bought from them slid off my shoulders all day and annoyed the crap out of me.
  • KristenF101
    Options
    I swear by fredericks of hollywood