Fitbit one or Fitbit Zip?

Options
2»

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I've had Fitbit Ultra since May 2012. I love it and find it very motivating, but I don't use the sleep tracker.

The reason why I prefer the Fitbit Ultra is because it also tracks stairs while Zip does not. I have 4 floors in my house and I NEED that functionality to see how many floors I do each day just doing my normal chores in the house. My goal is to do at least 20 floors each day, and most days I hit about 25-30 floors - easily. I think I'll up my goal to 30 floors each day, and will try to top that.

This!
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra and I love it! I just clip it on to the middle part of my bra (TMI, sorry) and away I go. You don't even notice you're wearing it! I find it a wonderful motivating tool for getting me off my *kitten* and moving. It's great for tracking all your activities too, from aerobics to walking the dog. You name it, it's on it. Very handy too if you use a heart rate monitor and know how many calories you have burnt in your exercise, you just add it in.

Also if you do climb a lot of stairs, it's nice to see how many flights you do in a day - I average about 27 currently, but hope to up that!

I use the sleep feature and wear it in the arm band at night. Sometimes I suffer from not sleeping or feeling that I'm not sleeping so it was interesting to use this feature just to see. I had heard that not sleeping enough hours per night can affect your weight loss. It would appear that I'm one of those folks!

I'd go with what I could afford to start you. You could always upgrade later if you want more!

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have the zip. Seeing as I live in a one story ranch, no need to track stairs or anything like that. Plus, I sleep like the dead, so I don't really need to track my sleeping. So, all that said, I am very happy and content with the FitBit Zip (try saying that five times fast!:laugh: )
  • M0TZO
    M0TZO Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Another FitBit One feature is it's Rechargeable. The Zip has a replaceable battery, but it not rechargeable.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra and I love it. I definitely use the sleep tracker feature and I've learned a lot from it. It's helped me improve the quality and length of my actual sleep time. The only issue I've had is that it seems to give credit for climbing stairs on a windy day or driving on a bumpy road. It really gets me off my butt more because I want to get "credit" for activities.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have a One now after giving my old Ultra to my mother. I chose it over the Zip for the rechargeable battery and the silent alarm feature.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I have a lot to think about! I live in a one story house but it have one steps down and up but still not enough for the step tracker. However, after reading everything I am now interested about the sleep tracker..... and also the rechargeable battery. Does anyone know how long to Fitbit Zip batter lasts???

Thanks again!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There's quite a difference in price
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I have a lot to think about! I live in a one story house but it have one steps down and up but still not enough for the step tracker. However, after reading everything I am now interested about the sleep tracker..... and also the rechargeable battery. Does anyone know how long to Fitbit Zip batter lasts???

Thanks again!

http://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/742727-zip-battery-information
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that mention of earndit.com! I never heard of it before; love the 'giving' rewards!!!
  • cazza1970
    cazza1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4 to 6 months is what they say it should last:smile::smile: