This will be my year

Options
So I joined MFP last year, and I lost about 30 pounds, and got to 15 pounds away from my goal weight. But due to poor discipline and horrible working hours, I've put some weight back on. I know that I can do it, I just need to keep myself motivated!

Current weight: 150lbs.
Goal weight: 125lb.

I walk approximately 5.5 miles 4 days a week for my job, which is working in a rehabilitation unit for people with acquired brain and spinal cord injuries, so it is very emotionally and mentally taxing. I am at university, and I'm sorry but I just cant give up drink! I dont drink Sunday-Thursday, but I'll have at least one night out a week.

Anyway, I was just hoping for some motivation and support to get me to my goal weight this time!

Jax

Replies

• ellaraenae1
    ellaraenae1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Know you are not alone on the ferris wheel of weight loss and gain it back --

Take a look at the calories in alcohol and drink healthy and wise -- it can be done --

You can do this ---

We are there for you --

As soon as I submit this comment I'm going to walk on the treadmill for the first time in ten years -- I lost 20 pounds and have gained ten back --

I have 50 to 60 to loose all because I -- no one else -- decided to eat whatever I wanted in life -- silly me -- if I know I can do it -- please know you can definitely loose it ---

May this be the year you attain and maintain that goal weight --

I am here for you, on this site, we all believe in you -- happy New Year and hope to hear about your success --
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! we are in this together!
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No need to rush in your weight loss journey. Everything can be okay in moderation unless it is some sort of drug or something of that nature. One of the hardest things to do in my experience is watch calories when out to a restaurant or pub with friends since you don't want the other people with you to feel strange for eating in front of you... my advice is to focus on your goals and if those people really are your friends, they will support your decision to eat healthier and to drink less :-)
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    My year too!! I go out once a week too, we need it. I freaking look forward to it.
  • victorialkay
    Options
    So I joined MFP last year, and I lost about 30 pounds, and got to 15 pounds away from my goal weight. But due to poor discipline and horrible working hours, I've put some weight back on. I know that I can do it, I just need to keep myself motivated!

Current weight: 150lbs.
    Goal weight: 125lb.

I walk approximately 5.5 miles 4 days a week for my job, which is working in a rehabilitation unit for people with acquired brain and spinal cord injuries, so it is very emotionally and mentally taxing. I am at university, and I'm sorry but I just cant give up drink! I dont drink Sunday-Thursday, but I'll have at least one night out a week.

Anyway, I was just hoping for some motivation and support to get me to my goal weight this time!

You can still have 1 night off a week and lose weight luvie! As long as you stick to it 100 percent the other days then you will still lose weight. xx

Jax
  • Roxane_chan
    Options
    Hi! I also thinks that 2013 will be the year of good changes in my life! If you want, add me!
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    My year too!! I go out once a week too, we need it. I freaking look forward to it.

Completely! I just need a bit of a release - and I don't go out to get hammered. But in a university city, the drinks are so cheap. I won't lie, there have been plenty of times where myself and the housemates have had dominoes pizza delivered at 4am. So less of that this year! I will live by the two pints of water rule when I come in from a night out.
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Thanks for the support and advice guys! I'm also hoping to go to a food psychologist to go through my thought processes and decision making skills when it comes to food.
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    You go girl :)