In a slump

Options
I started my quest back in June - I started at 282 and am down to 232. 50 pounds on the dot. I've been slacking the last few weeks, but haven't gained anything back, which is good. I'm just really lacking the energy and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. Winter doesn't help, as I was an avid walker walking sometimes up to 7 miles a day. I had hit a plateau some time back and slipped off track and just haven't been able to get back in.
Any words of encouragement? Advice? Anything to light the fire under me?

Replies

• flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    First off, awesome job on the initial loss! That's excellent that you did it and have kept it off.

As for the slump, I understand as I've been at the same weight for several months after my initial drop. My suggestion based on my own way of doing it, is to first fully acknowledge & forgive yourself for not moving forward earlier.

Then, small steps that you know you'll be able to stick with. Mine are calorie track each day and in the upcoming weeks, go to the gym a few times a week. Baby steps.

Good luck to you!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The "lack of energy" part of your post stood out to me. Is it possible that you were restricting calories too much during that time which led to a lack of energy which led to where you are now?

What was your daily calorie target and how consist were you about hitting it?

I see your daily calorie target is 1220. While I don't know your stats, I would guess that may be too low for you. Perhaps try bumping that up (which should help with the lack of energy), track consistently for a while, make sure you are at least to your target each day, and move at least a little each day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and see that your goal is set at 1220. I think that might be too low.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.

Also, if you are worried about the calorie intake, I also suggest you read this thread that has numerous people who met their goals and are maintaining. Some for years and they also provide their calorie intake and how often they work out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

And if you are looking for foods to help with upping your calorie intake, I suggest checking this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410771-i-can-t-reach-my-calorie-goal-it-s-too-much-food
  • kay48040
    Options
    I'm not sure if the intake at 1220 is too low or not. I don't have the time or resources to burn off an excessive amount of calories in a day. I am sure there could be a number of other things that could attribute to the lack of energy. I deal with depression, I live in Michigan and the weather right now is beyond freezing for walking... Not making excuses but the goal of 1220 worked thus far.