Looking for friends and motivation

Options
I'll be 37 years old in January and I'm just tired of being overweight. I always want to lose fast, but I've decieded that that hasn't worked for me. I always gain it back. I want long term health and I don't want to be fat and forty. I have over 100 llbs. to lose, but can still be very active. I want to lose the weight before it becomes a problem for me to move. I know that this weight is putting a lot of stress on my body and I need to get it off!

I need and and want friends that would like to share our journey's.

Mom to 8 year old twins

Replies

• loric3
    loric3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I just turned 46 and need to loose too much weight. Working two sit down jobs is not helping at all with the aches and pains from being overweight. Motivation and encouragement is much needed.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I log in daily and can help motivate you! We can do this together! :flowerforyou:
  • eluepnitz272622
    eluepnitz272622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have 101 pounds to lose. It can be done. You can add me and I will help you.
  • carriehaynes10
    carriehaynes10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm a 40 yr old mom that can't keep up with her family and need to lose about 85 - 90 lbs. I could use all the motivation I can get!

Thanks

Carrie
  • terrygran
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am in line for the same goals. Slower, more consistent loss with the lifestyle change to make it permanent.
  • designmarsha
    Options
    I have struggled with weight all of my life and I finally want to do whatever it takes to get healthy once for all! I lost about 25 pounds on My Fitness Pal about a year and a half ago but then went through some struggles and ended up giving up. I gained about 13 of those back. Tried it again about 6 months ago but just wasn't committed. My daughter and I set goals for 2013, we are going to work together to meet them. I am 41 years old and my goal is to lose about 70 pounds in 2013 - I know that is a lot but by setting mini goals and putting forth extra effort, I think I can do it. I would love for us to support each other in this journey. I will send you a friend request.
  • SusanRabern
    Options
    I am a 51 year old wife and mom who has struggled with weight and resulting health issues for years. I could really use a buddy to check in with each other around motivation issues. I have about 75 pounds to lose and today is the start of a new year challenges and all.
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi gang, I am a father of 5, (4 girls and finally a son). I have struggled with my weight since I can remember and back about 3 months ago I started to put forth an effort with MFP (I signed up 6 months ago but did only just that). I have lost 30 lbs so far and feel so much better. But according to the BMI I am still OBESE...kinda frustating. At my heaviest I was 295, i dropped down to 275 and then to 268 but was a yo yo after that...i have incorporated MFP and dropped to 237 in the last 3 months. I feel so much better but am not done yet. My next mini target is 225, then to my ultimate goal of 205. I will still be 'overweight' accordingly to the BMI chart but will be happy with myself and that is what matters. Oh and according to the doctor and the BMI? I should be 180! Not a chance in hell, I will look sick! LOL
    I now weigh less than when I first got married 23 years ago.
    It is funny because the wife is having a hard time getting use to my changes in my eating habits and my attitude towards everything!
    Feel free to add me, we can all use the support!
  • loric3
    loric3 Posts: 3
    Options
    UGH....I'm in desperate need of motivation. I have not been on here for over a month. When I was I did really well. I haven't gained any back, which is a good thing. My big problem now is that where I work we now have to wear scrubs and I do not look in them at all and being overweight makes it worse. I REALLY need to get the weight off.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just joined too......... and you wil all think I am nuts as I only have a few pounds to lose....but have been stuck since Christmas so need to get off my bum and do something different......... feel free to add a 61 year old who thinks she is still 28.........

Jean (UK)
  • Blossom447
    Options
    I'm kinda new here as well... looking for support to get off at least 50 lbs and see where I'm at then. Alot of stress in my life and I've found that I'm a stress eater! Bad combo to be sure!

Looking for some friends to go on this journey....