Exactly one year at maintenance

Options
Happy New Year to me.

I've maintained an 89 lb loss for exactly one year today!

Best of luck to all of you in reaching your goals in 2013!

Replies

• Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a wonderful accomplishment! You should be proud..any tips, tricks or advice to share????
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that truly is a job well done!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a wonderful accomplishment! You should be proud..any tips, tricks or advice to share????

Perseverance and hard work. There is no easy way out or magic pill. I counted my calories, stayed within my budget, avoided fast food and sugar soda, drank lots of water, and eat a TON of fruits and veggies.

I also swear by Jillian Michaels DVDs. I set a goal of how many hours per week I want to work out, and stuck to it.

I figure I work 40 to 50 hours a week no problem. Adding an extra 4 to 5 hours to have the body I want isn't gonna take up much more time.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree it takes effort. I've been maintaining for just 3 months, and it's almost as much work as losing was, but it's worth it.
  • sarahpetway
    Options
    YAY!! Great job!
  • amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Always wonderful to see the success stories!!
  • nursekatiet
    Options
    You go girl! be super proud!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    wow. Congratulations on your dedication.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! Congratulations!! How did you manage to avoid binging ?? Dont you ever go over your cal intake by say 500-1000 calories? Just curious :)
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    That's so fantastic! Keep up the great work...and it IS work!!!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WOW CONGRATS!!!
    Happy New Year to me.

I've maintained an 89 lb loss for exactly one year today!

Best of luck to all of you in reaching your goals in 2013!
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    that makes me smile because that is one of my biggest fears losing all the weight to put it back on lie i did before!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Great job! I'm sure maintaining is just as hard, if not harder. Way to go!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! Congratulations!! How did you manage to avoid binging ?? Dont you ever go over your cal intake by say 500-1000 calories? Just curious :)
    j

I did with Weight Watchers. They give you a set daily limit and a set weekly limit. Weeklies get used in case you ever go over your daily limit, and are good to have for parties, special events, and what not. It's psychological, and makes you feel like you haven't gone off track if you go over your daily allotment.

I've never been a binger, even when I was heavy, so it wasn't an issue. I was just uneducated about calories and making better choices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!