needing to lose at least 50 lbs

Options
I am working hard to lose 50lbs. So I am looking for individuals that can motivate each other and also people that really need to lose at least this amount. When the majority of the individuals on your friends list arent as big as you are, it is hard to meet their goals or their weight loss average. I am trying hard to be me and not follow other diet and exercise trends that others have or that helps them to achieve. I am not hating or anything like that. Those skinny individuals are motivation if I was nearly close to what they are. I need some real motivation some real people some big bone individuals like myself that can relate to what I am dealing with. I am ashamed to post a picture. I do not even take pictures anymore. I have let myself go and put family first whereas it is hard for me to find time for myself. I need help with bread, sweets, and alcohol. Where are you MFPals?????? Help me!
I am 5'6". 229lbs. WOW I said it.

Replies

• sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 230lbs, need to lose at least 70lbs. I will add you so we can support each other
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been here since September (well, 3 days before the end of August). I'm 5'3.5, I started at 220, with 80lbs to lose. I have lost 35 so far, which put me to 185. Still have 45 to go! You can add me if you'd like!
  • Sasmin40
    Options
    Good for you to make the first step! I'm 5'2 and 237 pounds, so I need to lose a lot too.
    I will send you a request, lets do this together!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) Im about 5'5 - 5'6 (not quite sure) and weigh about 235lbs.
    When I started on MFP, I was at over 270lbs; adding you so we can support each other!
    Good luck in your journey.
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    I have almost 50lbs to lose...5'1" and weigh 165 (gah!)....I'm not as fixed on a true # as I am at getting fit and back in shape!!! But, I need to drop this fat!!!!
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    Thanks. I am glad you accepted the challenge. It is really a challenge to lose weight.
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    I know that feeling. I have a closet full of clothes that I can not wear. It makes me depressed. I just wanna wear a pair of jeans for a change instead of elastic waist jogging pants.
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    i am with it. Thanks so I know that you do understand what I am going through right now.
    Lets keep this journey going
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    Wow. I am glad that you decided to join me on this journey
  • whitecoat16
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds so far and have at least 50 more I need to lose. It isn't easy but it is doable!
  • lanitamonroe
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 220lbs. I'll add you so that we can support each other. Take a pic of yourself so you can have a before pic. Take your measurements as well. There will come a time when the scale will not move, however, you will continue to lose inches. I'm here for you.
  • YZF7
    YZF7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 60 lbs (holy smokes) how did that happen? I'm only 5'3" and was close to 200 lbs (my family doesn't even know what I weigh). I don't eat like a 200 lb woman, and until recently worked out regularly. But something is clearly wrong and in my case its stress and stress-related meds. I think age has something to do with it too; I'm 56 and well into menopause. on a more lositive note. I think the daily tracking is critical to keep me accountable. But I'm not giving up my wine, no way no how. I'll give up chips and sweets and even butter, but don't get between me and that glass of wine. One addiction at a time please.

Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • cm99camper
    cm99camper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh more than my scale... so around 365ish?

My goal this year is 110lbs lost.

Anyone, feel free to add me!

I'm a member of BodyByVi so I'm pretty into motivation as we motivate one another majorly and the program has helped me to lose 60 lbs in the past... so I'm not a quiet person by any means!