150 lb to lose can use all the support I can get!

Options
Hello all! I am a sweet sassy mama of 3 great kids who has gotten tired of taking care of everyone but myself. It's time for a little "me" time to be put into my day and boy do I have a ways to go before I'm totally healthy, wealthy and wise lol. I would love to have friends to inspire me and I love to inspire others as well. Being in nursing I can't tell you how much of a hipocrit I feel trying to tell patients how to take care of themselves when inside I know that they can see that I am not taking care of me.....well no more! today is the first day of the rest of my blessed life so who's with me!?!

Replies

• Sasmin40
    Options
    Hi Tammie, I too need to lose a lot of weight. So let's motivate eachother. I just started on MFP and could use a few more friends too. Will send you a request.
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You Go Girl. I'll send you a request.

We need all the friends we can get to keep us motivated :)
  • gsyChris
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I need to loose about 50lbs and will offer support, I need all the friends I can get also so anybody can add me.
  • loseitnow43
    Options
    I'm in! I'm new to this so please add me. I need all the help and support I can get and I'll do my best for you as well.
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a FR. I too am a mom of 3 and felt very similar to what you are feeling. I started MFP on 1/25/12 and have since lost over 80lbs, so it is definitely doable!! Just take it slow and keep on going...don't expect miracles to happen overnight because it will just frustrate you. :)
  • shannon3
    shannon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Added! Always good to have friends to keep each other motivated!
  • larsr87
    Options
    I am with you on this one!!!! And new to this site as well. Please add me to and we can keep each other motivated! Happy New Year!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I HAD lost 150 pounds, but have gained way too much back! I'm with you--it's time to start taking care of myself again!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I am with you!I have over 100 to lose and need to be encouraged.We WILL do this!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you are truly committed to getting healthy. Just focus on health and not the numbers so much. I would love to add you.
  • ReneeD3081
    Options
    im working on losing 80 pds
  • gigiruncie
    Options
    Hi Tammie, I need to lose A HECK OF A LOT OF WEIGHT TOO, so I am ready to help and be helped in any way. Happy New Year 2013!!! :)
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Add me if you'd like some extra support :)
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lots of company here, which is grea. I have lost...and regained..too many times. At this point, I'm headed toward real health problems if I don't lose it and keep it off. Need to take off 75 to 80 pounds total, but I'm segmenting my goal to lose 48 in 2013, so that I can feel successful. Not to mention that a 48-pound loss would mean huge things for my health, energy and well-being all by itself.

I'd be happy to be buddies, but I'm new here and no fantasticaloly talented at computer things. Can someone give me directions on friending within this world? Thanks.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself and don't get discouraged at small set backs and you will succeed. Good luck to you!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost just over 100 and have another 100+ to go. I'm a great supporter and expect the same. I'm also honest and give it to you straight up.

Good luck!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it! It sounds like it'll take some effort, but I'm sure that as a mom of 3, you're no stranger to hard work! :)

This is the start of my 2nd week on here, and think it's really going to help this time. I'm trying to lose weight I've gained since getting married 5 years ago, but am finding a lot of addition rather than subtraction if you know what I mean...

Anyway, you (or anyone else if they want!) can add me to friends. I think if we can believe in ourselves and have friends to believe in and have believe in us, we'll all be able to reach whatever goal we have.

Happy New Year and good luck to everyone!
  • nancyardell
    nancyardell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just keep your eyez on the prize! :)
  • jmslewis
    jmslewis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! New as well with a 140lbs to lose! Add me if you want! I am the only fat person in my family, so no one else gets it. I need all the support I can. We can motivate each other.

Michelle
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    you can add me. in 1996 I wore a size 26W and weighed close to 300 pounds. I am working my way to the finish line. at present I am a size 16/18 and 196 pounds