NSV Turbo Fire

Options
I have been struggling with Turbo Fire for the past couple of weeks. I can do the core workout like it's nothing, but the cardio sections were killing me. Every time I would try the 30 minute Fire or the 15 minute HIIT, I would have to stop half way through because I felt like I was gonna pass out. Well, today I got through the entire 30 minute Fire without stopping even once. It may not seem like much, but it's a really big deal for me.

:drinker:

Replies

• Chijassy
    Chijassy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats .. on getting thru it ... I am waiting on mine to come .. what are your thoughts on Turbo fire
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am on week 5 and finally don't have to use the breakdowns!
    I usually stop though every now and then to drink some water. I go through almost 3 cups of water per workout.
  • priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    great job it is not an easy workout before you know it you will be blasting through the 45 min one like it is nothing
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 of TurboFire and the workouts can be killer. :) That is a great NSV! Congrats. Keep up the good work.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Congrats .. on getting thru it ... I am waiting on mine to come .. what are your thoughts on Turbo fire

I really like it. It's very difficult when you first start out because the lady moves really fast and there are so many movements it's kind of hard to keep up. The Fire workouts are usually longer but less intense than the HIIT Workouts. The core workout is my favorite section. It's intense and your abs feel like they're gonna burn off by the end of it, but my god does it work. I haven't tried any of the Stretches yet because by the time I'm finished with the Fire or part of the HIIT, I'm so exhausted I don't want to move, but I'd imagine the stretches are just as effective as the rest of the exercises.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday. After reading this I am a little worried. I have done Turbo Jam. But I have not done any workout over the holidays!!!!!
  • AngelP74
    Options

I really like it. It's very difficult when you first start out because the lady moves really fast and there are so many movements it's kind of hard to keep up. The Fire workouts are usually longer but less intense than the HIIT Workouts. The core workout is my favorite section. It's intense and your abs feel like they're gonna burn off by the end of it, but my god does it work. I haven't tried any of the Stretches yet because by the time I'm finished with the Fire or part of the HIIT, I'm so exhausted I don't want to move, but I'd imagine the stretches are just as effective as the rest of the exercises.

I never wanted to bother with the stretch workout either, but if you'll notice, Chalene's stretches on the regular workouts are short. I finally realized that the stretch videos are actually her main cooldowns--and to be honest, as much as I hate stretching, they're AWESOME. Especially near the end of the stretches when you're working the back part of your thighs/butt area. Heaven! Try it sometime!
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    Nice! I am starting Turbo Fire on Monday. Kind of nervous about the HIITs. Right now I'm alternating between Brazil Butt Lift and Shaun T's Rockin Body just to get back into the groove of exercise before I tackle Turbo Fire.

What did you guys do in the beginning when you couldn't finish a Turbo Fire workout, did you take a small break and then try to finish it anyway, or did you stop?
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Fire 30 is no joke !!

I love TurboFire - one of my favorite workout programs ever :)
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I have been doing Turbo Fire mixed in with other workouts for a couple weeks and it kicks my butt! I have a really hard time with the HIIT workouts, still take a couple breathers, but I can feel that I am finally seeing a little improvement! On Monday, I am starting the schedule that came with Turbo Fire which means doing it at 5AM before work...I am a little scared, but I have seen before and after photos and I want that!

Keep up the great work!
  • jpofit
    jpofit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone on sticking with it -- even when it starts out tough!!!! I teach Turbokick classes in Seattle and have been coaching others through both at-home programs for a couple years now, just do what you can and commit to doing a little bit better or going a little bit longer the next day in. In class we call it, "knowing you" - if a move isn't fitting you today, forget about it, eventually it will and you'll fall in love with it for that exact reason!
    I am starting on Monday. After reading this I am a little worried. I have done Turbo Jam. But I have not done any workout over the holidays!!!!!

They feel different, but if you've completed Turbo Jam - you will still love Turbo Fire! and you're body will jump right back in, even after breaks during the season ;D

Make sure to use your coaches thru the program -- it helps a lot!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just started week two of Turbo Fire today and I have really been struggling with it as well. I love working out at a high intensity, and I love Chalean's energy, but I have such a hard time keeping up with the long sequences she incorporates. Sometimes, even when I use the "new to class" option, I still can't keep up with the motions. I wish she would slow down or explain the moves more frequently. I feel as if I could get a more effective workout if I didn't have to keep stopping and jumping back in one I figure out what she's doing. Is anyone else having this problem? How long did it take you to master the workouts? What do you do when you can't keep up? I don't really have the time to stop and rewind over and over again. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help everyone! And best of luck with your workouts!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    May not seem like much?!? Are you kidding!? That's freaking awesome!! Congrats!
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    WTG!!!! This is an amazing workout program!!! I've been doing it for about 3 months I believe. I've lost 20 pounds. Does it get easier, no. You'll still be huffing & puffing and sweating and cussing. But you learn the moves pretty fast!!!
    I've changed it up a little bit. I was going off of their schedule to a T, but as of 3 weeks ago I started a strength training program. So I go to the gym & lift for 4-5 days. On the days I don't go to the gym, I do a HIIT (I change it up each time) 1-2 of the days.
    I don't want to burn myself out.

Don't be afraid. Nothing worth having or getting is easy!!!
  • jpofit
    jpofit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just started week two of Turbo Fire today and I have really been struggling with it as well. I love working out at a high intensity, and I love Chalean's energy, but I have such a hard time keeping up with the long sequences she incorporates. Sometimes, even when I use the "new to class" option, I still can't keep up with the motions. I wish she would slow down or explain the moves more frequently. I feel as if I could get a more effective workout if I didn't have to keep stopping and jumping back in one I figure out what she's doing. Is anyone else having this problem? How long did it take you to master the workouts? What do you do when you can't keep up? I don't really have the time to stop and rewind over and over again. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help everyone! And best of luck with your workouts!

So if you feel like you're losing the effectiveness of your workouts while learning the choreo - Just add one move at a time during sequences. For example, you just figured out what Chalene is doing then she adds on, you just keep doing the sequence as you know it until you both meet back at the same place. Next time, you can try adding the next move on and do the same each time, until you are ready to build the whole thing at your max intensity :) After 7yrs of Turbo, there isn't a day that I don't miss something -- hang in there! You're doing great
  • Rainbowtop74
    Rainbowtop74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    congrats:smile:
  • valeriya87
    Options
    and trust me you're going to get better and better!
  • valeriya87
    Options
    I was in the same shoes when I started...just keep doing the workouts, don't get discourages and you will master them. It took me about 2-3 weeks.

But seriously, don't let anything bring you down. Take a break if you have to, see the breakdown if you have to, but keep going. Persevere!!
  • Keturahaku
    Options
    Turbo fire! turbo fire! PLEASE what is it all about? Sounds "firery" I need to fire myself in this new year. Can someone help?
  • ahodac
    ahodac Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm also starting TurboFire on Monday. I saw a couple of posts about the pre-starter schedule and the "new to class option". I played a couple of the videos to give them a try and to see what I was getting myself into and I didn't see either. The sequences did seem a little overwhelming, and I was LOST most of the time, but it was fun. My son was doing it with me and he kept giggling about how uncoordinated I was.
    One of my friends is in the videos. I try to watch her when I can and use her for motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!