Walden Farms Products?

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    total chemical crap

Just grabbed a bottle of the chipotle ranch dressing out of the fridge. Let's see....Purified water, white distilled vinegar, apple cider vinegar, tomato, sea salt, garlic, chopped onion, chipotle peppers, chipotle flavoring, vegetable fiber, Xanthan gum, chili powder, cumin, sucralose (splenda), lemon, food color, natural spices, cayenne pepper, white pepper, potassium sorbate (okay that is a chemical salt compound), Vitamine B8, B5, B3, B6, B12, and Vitamin E.....

You're right, total chemical crap.
    Now, all those ingredients you listed off have calories in them. Care to explain the wizardry they used to make all of these ingredients that have calories to suddenly combine into something that has no calories? Someone is lying somewhere.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom bought me some of their products for a BBQ she was having this summer. I had to choke it all down to not seem rude. As soon as I got home, they all went in the garbage. I like real sugar, butter, cream, all those delicious, as close to natural as possible, things.

Anything that has no fat, no sugar, and no calories, and isn't water or air, is witch craft. I refuse to put that in my body.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom bought me some of their products for a BBQ she was having this summer. I had to choke it all down to not seem rude. As soon as I got home, they all went in the garbage. I like real sugar, butter, cream, all those delicious, as close to natural as possible, things.

Anything that has no fat, no sugar, and no calories, and isn't water or air, is witch craft. I refuse to put that in my body.
    LOL....QFT. I guess when calories are the enemy for a good percentage of the dieting world, you can learn to like just about any crap if it says 0 calories.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options

LOL....QFT. I guess when calories are the enemy for a good percentage of the dieting world, you can learn to like just about any crap if it says 0 calories.

I would rather give up a cookie or cut my portion size in half for a meal just so I can use real butter or cream. I'm on a diet of everything in moderation. Real food is not the enemy.
  • LORIMCX
    LORIMCX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont care for them on there own, but I do use them for my husband who is a diabetic, I usually mix them 1/2 & 1/2 with a "real "one and it makes them taster alot better. and you are still cutting fat,calories and sugar.
    the peanut butter and chocolate syrup are good in a protien shake.
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    I love the Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. I swear, I can't tell the difference from the real thing.
    You've obviously never had real maple syrup...

Okay, when I say "real" thing I mean real pancake syrup which is OBVIOUSLY;] not maple syrup.
    Two different things.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

I would rather give up a cookie or cut my portion size in half for a meal just so I can use real butter or cream. I'm on a diet of everything in moderation. Real food is not the enemy.
    Your the dieting industries worst nightmare, knowing what portion control and real food is. :laugh:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    total chemical crap

Just grabbed a bottle of the chipotle ranch dressing out of the fridge. Let's see....Purified water, white distilled vinegar, apple cider vinegar, tomato, sea salt, garlic, chopped onion, chipotle peppers, chipotle flavoring, vegetable fiber, Xanthan gum, chili powder, cumin, sucralose (splenda), lemon, food color, natural spices, cayenne pepper, white pepper, potassium sorbate (okay that is a chemical salt compound), Vitamine B8, B5, B3, B6, B12, and Vitamin E.....

Now, all those ingredients you listed off have calories in them. Care to explain the wizardry they used to make all of these ingredients that have calories to suddenly combine into something that has no calories? Someone is lying somewhere.
    The jokes on you. It clearly states that there are some calories. Read the bottle.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love the Balsamic dressing. I use it for salads, on roasted veggies to keep them moist, as a marinade for chicken. I'd try it on almost anything other than breakfast!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I tried the Alfredo sauce never again.
  • tigersword
    Options
    total chemical crap

The jokes on you. It clearly states that there are some calories. Read the bottle.
    I don't own the product, so I can't read the actual bottle, HOWEVER:
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/Salad Dressing-main84.jpg
    That very clearly states CALORIE FREE on the picture of the label. Like I said, someone is lying somewhere.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    total chemical crap

That very clearly states CALORIE FREE on the picture of the label. Like I said, someone is lying somewhere.
    You have never owned the product, yet you were compelled to comment on it.

If a product is under 5 calories per serving, it can be labeled as zero calorie. As I stated before, it states on the bottle that the product does indeed have calories.

To those concerned about the fat loss being hindered I was consuming at least a bottle a week of the chocolate syrup, during contest prep. Fat loss was not affected at all.
  • tigersword
    Options
    total chemical crap

If a product is under 5 calories per serving, it can be labeled as zero calorie. As I stated before, it states on the bottle that the product does indeed have calories.

To those concerned about the fat loss being hindered I was consuming at least a bottle a week of the chocolate syrup, during contest prep. Fat loss was not affected at all.
    Nah, I was mostly compelled to comment on the difference between "pancake syrup" (which is terrible, imo) and maple syrup (which is amazing, both in flavor and micronutrients.)

Maybe Walden Farms should put that "does contain calories" disclaimer on their website, they curiously don't put ANY information on their website except for the CALORIE FREE claim. No ingredients or nutritional information at all, just NO CALORIES NOW BUY SOME!!!!!! My comment was more about disingenuous business practices than anything else. I make the same comments about spray oils that are "0 calorie" for a 0.25 second spray (like that's even possible.)
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've tried some of them. They were just not tasty, therefore not satisfying enough to eat. I won't buy them again.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Loved some, hated others. Will us again!
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Out of interest - what is the serving size? Does it have a cals/100ml? I quite fancy trying the maple syrup substitute, but it just sounds too good to be true...
  • mathematical2011
    mathematical2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    total chemical crap

Nah, I was mostly compelled to comment on the difference between "pancake syrup" (which is terrible, imo) and maple syrup (which is amazing, both in flavor and micronutrients.)

Maybe Walden Farms should put that "does contain calories" disclaimer on their website, they curiously don't put ANY information on their website except for the CALORIE FREE claim. No ingredients or nutritional information at all, just NO CALORIES NOW BUY SOME!!!!!! My comment was more about disingenuous business practices than anything else. I make the same comments about spray oils that are "0 calorie" for a 0.25 second spray (like that's even possible.)

Just so you know, the ingredients list, nutritional information, and a disclaimer for trace calories are all on their website:
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    The Jams are good, the chocolate and caramel dips are good too. The salad dressing is sooo nasty tho!
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    oh and the peanut butter taste like poop!!!
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    I have a bottle of their ketchup and thousand island dressing and they taste the same (not the same as the real stuff, the same as in, can't really tell the difference between both products). Very similar acidic taste (probably from all the vinegar), but hey, better than nothing. Haven't tried anything else.