Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Take a hole punch.
    Punch a hole in your phone.
    Punch a hole in your water bottle.
    String a string in both and hang around neck.
    Problem solved.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I put my phone in my bra.

This^^^

If I am doing an exercise where I feel it might fall out, I put it within arms reach.
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    grrrr how annoying!! i have everything right next to me at the gym. i never take anything with me unless i can carry it whilst im there. i usually just put them at my feet if im doing weights, or in the drinks holder if im doing cardio
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My gym urges people not to leave valuables in locked lockers. If you are leaving your phone lying around in a public place, that means you are planning to go phone shopping soon.

I don't understand where "not chained down" ever became equated with "morally sound stealing."

I may be one of the only honest people left in the world.

Gosh you are trusting..

Just put your **** in a locker or buy an armband for your phone.. problem solved.

My smartphone is my life... there is no way I would just set it down and not trust people to try and take it.. esp at a gym!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't take my iphone to the gym. I have a small pouch with my car keys, gym card and spare change and that is it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    My gym urges people not to leave valuables in locked lockers. If you are leaving your phone lying around in a public place, that means you are planning to go phone shopping soon.

I don't understand where "not chained down" ever became equated with "morally sound stealing."

I may be one of the only honest people left in the world.

it has less to do with honesty and much to do with personal responsibility. if you want to continue to play the victim card, i won't stop you. it won't help you, but i won't stop you.

This.

And welcome to the real world.
  • sleepy11
    Options
    Just popping in to say I've worked out in several gyms in OKC and have never had anything stolen. I've also seen shoes and jackets left in the locker rooms for days because somebody forgot them. It's silly to imply that the gyms in a certain city are unsafe. I suggest you lock up your valuable like people have suggested and stay in Norman if you're that afraid of "the city".
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Love the hole punch idea!
    I never bring my iPhone with me unless I can keep it in my pocket. Most of the time I throw my stuff in a cubby and don't have to worry, coat, keys, lift gloves, water bottles. I keep my iPod on my arm but the less I take in with me, the less I have to worry about someone taking and the less I have to worry about it and the MORE I can focus on why I'm there.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I always keep my phone with me, or locked in my car. I wouldn't leave it out in the open.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't understand this thread at all?
    Cubbies? Shelsea? People moving things? OKC?

What?
    You're not the only one confused. Like location means anything.

To the OP, bring a light bag. Use an arm band. Don't bring your phone unless it's your music player.

erm yeah.

Also, why are people bringing more then a water bottle into the gym? Leave your stuff in your trunk.

Er, really? Don't you get bored without music? Or how do you track your progress without a pen/paper or your phone?

I bring a water bottle (well, tea), chalk substitute ball, towel (your gym doesn't have a towel policy?), fractional plates, keys, my phone, and headphones. I keep it all in my bag next to me (where my jacket ends up getting stuffed when I get too warm) and just move the bag with me if I move.

But OP yes, that is shocking. Invest in a little bag to hold onto your things.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A gym friend had a pair of shoes stolen whilst in the gym. She had taken them out of her locker after changing, put them on the floor whilst changing, and someone swiped them when she had a her back turned.

Okay. That's just gross. Who wants somebody else's used shoes. Eeeesh !
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    what kind of gym do you work out at lol, i can't imagine people trying to steal my stuff.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    WOW!

Do they not have lockers you can lock yourstuff in?
    Whatever I want to have in the gym with me (music, towel, water bottle) I haul it around with me.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't understand this thread at all?
    Cubbies? Shelsea? People moving things? OKC?

What?

Three pages of responses from people who did understand the thread, so not sure what to tell you. Happy New Year
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Lock them up. People steal stuff all the time.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    A lock should be like one of the top few things that you always have with you to go to the gym. Lock, water, towel are the necessities (other than the obvious proper gear, footwear, etc). My phone and headphones are pretty high on my personal list, too, but that's my preference- lock, water and towel are pretty universal. I feel like maybe the OP is new to using a gym, and may not have realized a lock is a necessity unless you leave everything in your car- and then you have to carry your keys around, which is also annoying.
  • vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Umm...do you always talk about yourself in 3rd person? :)
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Use a locker or leave it witht hefront desk when you check in. That is what we do at our gym. I had a water bottle taken after I forgot it once, that was my own fault though...
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    People suck, people steal. Such is life, unfortunately thats why locks were invented. And I'm sure most people, especially theives, are not concerned with the quality of Shelsea's gym experiencce, despite being the special little snowflake she is.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I put my phone in my bra.

Phones don't work if sweat gets in them. I've killed 3 phones by keeping them in my bra. :sad: