One Goal a Day: What's your goal today?

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
I got started almost two years ago, with one goal a day. First I walked around the block, and the next day I did the same thing... gradually I added on more until I was walking 3 to 5 miles a day.

Next goal was to take my lunch to work with me... it worked so well that I did it again, and again.. and now it is a habit to bring my food in a bag to work.

Thousands of little goals.. little goals that go toward a healthier me, more self possessed person.. in control of the only thing I can control, myself.

Today, my goal is to eat an apple when I want a snack at 5:00, instead of a processed snack... That's it for the day.. but I'm still walking, still planning my food.. all the other little goals are still there... Building self confidence and helping me stay healthy.

Make a goal.. What's your goal today

Replies

• larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    On this first day of the new year my goal is to get my daily calorie intake back under 1800 calories. Since the holidays started (just before Christmas) my eating has increased to about 2100 calories a day. I have been able to compensate a bit by working out more but not likely to be able to continue that when work starts up in earnest again after new years.
  • cnoonan4
    Options
    I've read that you need to walk 10,000 steps a day to have a healthy heart. I got a pedometer and wanted to see what my normal day looked like - how many steps did I walk??? At the end of the day, it was pretty pitiful to see that I barely walked 800 steps. My goal started out to walk 3000 steps each day. Each week I add 50 more steps. I'm up to a minimum of 4050 steps each day right now - more steps are added with cardio. Things that I have done to add more steps to my day:

March in place during tv commericals.
    Put away laundry one piece at a time.
    Park farther away from buildings - work, shopping, etc.
    Go up and down the stairs several times a day even when I don't need anything - this has actually helped me to keep my house cleaner.
    Iron absolutely everything in the ironing pile and hang or put away.
    Go up and down every aisle in a supermarket or store

I hope this will encourage someone else to start to move just a bit more every day.

Happy New Year!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Get up to my calorie allotment. I've been having trouble with that lately.
    Take a walk.
  • kkimpel
    Options
    I am gearing up for a half marathon in March.. signed up.. app in place.. 4 days down :)

Today, I feel like taking the day off.. but I will at least get a nice walk in.. since it is so sunny outside.
  • lperes58
    lperes58 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my goal is to drop 40 pounds responsibly eat 1400 hundred calories and feel great about myself..
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My goal is to log everything on MFP truthfully every day.

I also am going to start with the walking as you did xx
  • jkaymac
    Options
    First day on MFP. Walked a mile.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1500 calorie and less than 50 grams of fat---done.
    :smile:
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    my goal today was to log honestly and plan my food day tomorrow.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    My goal today was to just take a walk, anywhere, for any amount of time and I did!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My goal was to push past my normal run amount to get closer to 5 miles.. Done.. 5.3 miles... *fist pump*
  • kkimpel
    Options
    First day on MFP. Walked a mile.

Welcome.. Great walk
  • kkimpel
    Options
    My goal was to push past my normal run amount to get closer to 5 miles.. Done.. 5.3 miles... *fist pump*

I am working on one mile.. :) doing bits and pieces with an app guidance..

Today I am going to get that walk in.. even though it's my last official day of vacation.. time to move it move it move it..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!