The answer to "how do I tighten...?"

Options
Nerdy_Rose
Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
People always say heavy lifting. Here's why. In the befores I was eating 1200+exercise calories. In the afters... I eat 1900-2500/day total. Edit: probably good to point out that I am 5'2" inches tall and have been maintaining my weight around 125 lbs for about a year. Lowest: 121 lbs. On a bloaty day: 127 lbs.

frontcopy_zpsf807697a.jpg
sidecopy_zps1202f96d.jpg
backcopy_zps28e15ae7.jpg

Replies

• nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    omg thank you so much for sharing! I just started heavy lifting YESTERDAY!!!! So great to see this! You look great!!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Any weight change between before and after?
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are amazing. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Options

Maintenance, mostly. Maybe a 2-3 lb gain. My lowest weight was 121 lbs. I've been holding steady around 125 for a while now.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    How long ago did you start lifting, & how quickly did you move to 1900? Were you lifting in the before photos? I started lifting last month & have gotten lots of toning & shape to my arms, still waiting on my pooch to go!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Options
    omg thank you so much for sharing! I just started heavy lifting YESTERDAY!!!! So great to see this! You look great!!

The changes are slow and subtle, and it can be *really* hard to see them in yourself. I know it's hard for me. I took my 6-month photos today on a whim, cause I figured some time had passed. Before pictures are super important.. cause in 6 months you're going to want to compare :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Options
    How long ago did you start lifting, & how quickly did you move up to 1900 calories? Were you lifting in the before photos? I started lifting last month & have gotten lots of toning & shape to my arms, still waiting on my pooch to flatten!

I started lifting June 3, 2012. So roughly 7 months. I started off with 1600/day for lifting, but I was SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. I calculated my TDEE (2200) and went up to 1900 from there. At this point, I can pretty frequently eat 2,500/day and not gain weight.

I was not lifting in the before photos. That was cardio, yoga, and barbie weights (nothing over 8 lbs per hand).
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Maintenance, mostly. Maybe a 2-3 lb gain. My lowest weight was 121 lbs. I've been holding steady around 125 for a while now.

That's what I would have guessed. It really shows how the weightlifting helps firm everything up! And allows you to eat a reasonable amount of food. ;)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Options

That's what I would have guessed. It really shows how the weightlifting helps firm everything up! And allows you to eat a reasonable amount of food. ;)

At this point I sort of feel like I eat like a small horse. Also, I can cross my legs in shorts with NO cellulite dimples. It's exciting.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are amazing. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

^
  • gilliandi
    Options
    Awesome sauce! You look amazing! :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    People always say heavy lifting. Here's why. In the befores I was eating 1200+exercise calories. In the afters... I eat 1900-2500/day total. Edit: probably good to point out that I am 5'2" inches tall and have been maintaining my weight around 125 lbs for about a year. Lowest: 121 lbs. On a bloaty day: 127 lbs.

frontcopy_zpsf807697a.jpg
    sidecopy_zps1202f96d.jpg
    backcopy_zps28e15ae7.jpg

LOVE IT! last night I did a comparison of 2 pics taken just a month apart, and could see a big difference. There is an even bigger difference in 3 months even though I only lost 5lbs or less. Heavy lifting is IT. I have cut my cardio down to like 15-20 minutes so I can do more lifting--squats, leg press, deads, dumbbell presses, etc
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! I am so kicking myself for not taking before pics.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    great job!

this is definite proof of women getting bulky with weight training :wink:
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    Nice work. Great progress!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post! Congats on your progress! You look great!
  • Snitch2
    Options
    Looking wonderful!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! I am so kicking myself for not taking before pics.

Me too.

Nerdy - you look fantastic.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    A rose by any other name... would still look awesome and kick so much *kitten*!:wink:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!