21 Day Daniel Fast to kick off the New Year?!

Options
For the past two years I have started the new year with a 21 day Daniel Fast.

What is a Daniel Fast? The Daniel Fast is a biblically based partial fast. It is a method of fasting that men, women and young people all over the world are using as they enter into the spiritual discipline of prayer and fasting.

The quick version is: No Meats, No Sweets...but it is a bit more restrictive than that. It boils down to a diet consisting of fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, and natural grains (oats, whole wheat flour, etc).

I enjoy this fast not only for the physical/nutritional benefits, but for the awesome spiritual benefits. It is a great way to reconnect with God and get a refreshing of His Spirit for the New Year.

I just wanted to extend the opportunity to all of you and maybe have some fun recipe swapping, sharing what God reveals to us, and encouraging each other daily.

I am starting the fast on January 2nd, so let me know if you want to take this journey with me! :)

Replies

• KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    http://www.ultimatedanielfast.com/?m=1 <--- my favorite online Daniel fast tool! Great info and support!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! Love Daniel & this would be a good idea for me......... will try!!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    That sounds good! Love Daniel & this would be a good idea for me......... will try!!

Awesome! :)
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    Any one else? Five days until kickoff!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I will have to wait as it would be difficult to get my goals on my macros over the next 90, but I love the idea!!
  • MzLuvlee100
    Options
    We do this every year with my church and I am gonna be doing it for the second time this January. I don't know many recipes, but I'm with you. The spiritual benefits are wonderful as well as the "extras" like the weight loss.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful, I'm thinking I might give this a go.
  • Loretta2009
    Options
    Count me in!
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump for further reference
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    would be losing all kinds of muscle. but looks nice.
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    Awesome guys! So excited for it this year! I will be having a strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast. Yum!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    We do this every year with my church and I am gonna be doing it for the second time this January. I don't know many recipes, but I'm with you. The spiritual benefits are wonderful as well as the "extras" like the weight loss.

Note the website I posted earlier...has some great recipes! Hummus is so delish and easy to make.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't Ramadan be superior to this? It's actually been shown to improve lipid profile.
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    Wouldn't Ramadan be superior to this? It's actually been shown to improve lipid profile.

Im not fasting so much for the health benefits as I am the spiritual. As a Christian, I feel the Daniel Fast is a great tool for me. If you are Muslim, or just looking for a fast that fits your health needs better, I encourage you do choose what works for you. Happy New Year!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    http://freezeyourwayfit.blogspot.com/2011/02/perfect-brown-rice.html?m=1

^awesome brown rice recipe...make a bunch and freeze individual portions for later!
  • RatherBeOutside
    RatherBeOutside Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thinking I'll join. To me Daniel was the most amazing man in the bible. It'll be hard I'll need help w prayers!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Don't Christians fast for Lent as well?
  • GetLean_In2013
    Options
    I just started my Daniel Fast today!! I'm in! There is some conflicting info out there, but hopefully God knows that my intentions are good.
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    Don't Christians fast for Lent as well?

Most Catholics I know participate in Lent. I am Pentecostal and we don't participate in lent. I'm not sure if other denominations do or not.
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    I just started my Daniel Fast today!! I'm in! There is some conflicting info out there, but hopefully God knows that my intentions are good.

Its all between you and God. He knows your heart and your intentions!