Very inspiring! Thanks
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing!:love:
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Go YOU!!! You look like a young'n!
  • intrepidity
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Very nice post. Very motivating. Thank you for sharing it. Bumping to find this later and remind myself - I've got the same fat person routine.
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting it so beautifully and simply. And you look great!
  • hreu213
    hreu213 Posts: 76
    Options
    Amazing! I started 29th December 2012 - I hope that in a year I've made as much progress as you!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Your statement is incredible. You make a lot of sense. Honestly, your photo looks like you have lost a lot more than just 40 lbs... This is likely due to the weight training -- I find that when I started @ 344 I was 48 pants and 2-3X shirt ... Now @ 227 I am 34 pants and M - L shirt... This is the same basic parameters I had when I was last 170 lbs... I was the Jared... Now I am focusing more on fitness and it makes so much difference. Again, I enjoyed reading your post and hope that others will find inspiration in it. You were spot on in what you were saying.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!! And I thank you for taking the time to post and share your personal journey with us all..true inspiration that the mind has to change along with the eating . Congrats and Happy New Yr
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, well done :smile:
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It was quite simple, If I wanted to feel better and sustain it, I had to start living like a fit person. The goal was also not to be one of those crazy fit person who ends up having zero life. After all, what good is being fit when you are locked up in the house/gym all the time?

This line hit me hard. What am I going to do with my life as a fit person? What does a (43 year old, married) fit person even do??
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! congrats!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspiring words!

And, by the way, you look totally hot!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Wow that is a total body transformation if I ever saw one. Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing and I hope one day to be able to post something similar. :)
  • yenkheng
    Options
    I seldom use the computer for MFP but on this occasion that I did, I am glad that I stumble across your article- great read and inspiration for the new year!
  • scssam
    scssam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It was quite simple, If I wanted to feel better and sustain it, I had to start living like a fit person. The goal was also not to be one of those crazy fit person who ends up having zero life. After all, what good is being fit when you are locked up in the house/gym all the time?

This line hit me hard. What am I going to do with my life as a fit person? What does a (43 year old, married) fit person even do??

You do what you do now, you just feel and enjoy it so much better doing it. It's all about quality of life.

Get two people to go to Disney for a day, go shopping, just walking the park, playing with kids, hiking or just breathe. One fat one fit.. I'm pretty sure I know who will get the most out of the experience by the end of the day.
  • Krystasfocused24
    Options
    yOU LOOK FANTATSIC
  • fefe473
    fefe473 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job and you look amazing! You help me realize I need to stop doing what fat people do and refocus my mindset...thanks!
  • scssam
    scssam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job and you look amazing! You help me realize I need to stop doing what fat people do and refocus my mindset...thanks!

That was the line the kind of woke me up as well...

If I do what fat people thing I'm gonna be fat.
    If I do what fit people do I'm going to be fit.

I'm never going to be a triathlete but at least I can do more fit people things and get far far away from the fat people things. :)

Just do something active that is out of your normal fat routine and make it a routine. The road to results is being consistent. I got fat because I consistently over ate and consistently not exercise. Now I consistently watch what I ate and consistently exercise.(within reason)
  • docfancy
    docfancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank your for sharing and inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!