Options
    BUMP!
  • fadhatter
    Options
    bump
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Going to try it this weekend. Going to substitute Splenda Brown Sugar and might research some other alternatives. Gotta be better than the bars my wife picks up at the store.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    tag...thanks for the recipe!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I made this without the wheat germ and peanut butter (don't have the former and don't like the latter). I also used splenda brown sugar blend instead of straight brown sugar to try and cut a few calories. Interestingly enough, by calculating it on spark recipes, I got 99.6 calories per bar (I was expecting less since I cut 2 ingredients and replaced one with a lower calorie alternative). But they are so yummy! I may do another batch with dried fruit!

I used sparkrecipes to calculate also! Maybe the difference in the brand of products used??

They are good and the recipe is very versatile. My SIL made them w/ dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips and she said they were amazing!

As for agave nectar, most places carry it now. Super Wal*mart even carries it. It is lower in glycemic than honey and really yummy too!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas
  • LadySavage
    Options
    i'm adding agave nectar to my grocery list. there's a super walmart very close to me; thanks everyone!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Hope to make some soon!!
  • Shuutnstar
    Shuutnstar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    bumpski
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    bump!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HERE IS A RECIPE CALCULATOR.....you add the ingredients and how many portions and it will create the "nutrition info"

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • Beth1978
    Beth1978 Posts: 19
    Options
    bump

:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    bump
  • upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    Options
    We bought kids musli bar maker (i like them better than granola bars :D but i think its the same idea more or less, so i post it here) http://www.character-online.com/lets-cook-toys/lets-cook/cereal-bar-factory/ and tried it out today. Its fabulous! Havent tried recipe with jelly cristals (that looks most dietic), made one with melted chocolate. Its sooo easy! Takes 2 min and one of them is for melting chocolate. Idea is - use some cereal (rice crispies etc), nuts, dried berries, mix with maple syrup/honey/jam/melted chocolates/peanutbutter etc, place on cling film covered mould, cover with cling film, squash and put in fridge to harden. Thats it! You could do the same with same sized bowls, just need to figure out how hard to push.
    For 3 bars i used 50 gr of chocolate (may be could use less, everything was well covered). If you use jelly crystals, its says - mix one spoon jelly crystals with 4 spoons hot (not boiling) water.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump to read a bit later

Thanks!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the bump! I need to make these again...
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BUMP. :) I found this older stream in search when I was looking for granola bar recipes. :)))
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUmp it! sounds really good!