Hydroxycut

Options
Has anyone tried this? I know that diet pills alone does not make you lose weight, but I need something to help me. I have been keeping up with what i eat and normally that is under 1600 calories a day and I exercise at least 30 minutes 3X a week. I will be working out more once it starts to warm up outside. I now weigh 165 and want to get down to 135. I have PCOS and have a 7 month old son. I was stuck at 170-172 for months and was able to lose a little b/c I got really sick but already tell I wont be able to lose more. It's hard for me to lose any weight anyways. Im 24 years old. Heard a lot about these pills and was wanting some more encouragement/advice.

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I used it years ago when it first came out. I did lose weight but the after effects were'nt good. A lot of jitters and stuff like that. I know they say hey have changed the formula but I would'nt try it again.
  • Ronunderwood
    Ronunderwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you can stick with MyFintessPal, and set realistic goals you will lose weight. It's a given. Discipline is the key.
    Good luck.
    Ron
  • eddierdiaz
    eddierdiaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dont take it. You dont need it. Your calorie intake seem fine just make sure they are wholesome foods and not 1600 calories of poptarts. Also make sure that 1600 calories is not consumed in 1-2 meals. Break it up to about 4-6. Your workout routine seems ok too, just monitor your heart rate and ramp it up if you can handle it.

Best regards,

Eddie
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i am NOT a fan. I like to use diff supps and tried this one about two months ago. My heart was racing and I went to thebathroom like 25x a day (seriously)

Right now Iam liking Ripped Fuel5X, butI RARELY take the same thing more than a mnth in a row. I think the body adjusts quicker than we think.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If you have a medical condition that makes it harder to lose weight with diet and exercise, why do you think taking legal crack is a good idea?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I used this SOO many times, and no luck. Working out actually made me lose weight - try building more muscle then you will burn more calories at rest. Dont buy into quick fixes! you will be penniless and disappointed. You train and diet and you hard work WILL pay off!

Workhardplayhard my friend. It really works!
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    With PCOS, you might be better off trying a low carb diet rather than spending cash on a supplement which may or may not work. Try adjusting your intake to more lean proteins and vegetables, and minimize high carb foods (breads, pastas, rices, cereals) for a month and see how that works for you.
  • GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recently tried it with no results. You'd be better off to keep your money. I've seen much better results just cutting out bread products.
  • DarthFalchion
    Options
    im getting my popcorn out for this.. the trolls love posts like this..
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Snake-oil - IMO. There is no magic pill. Repeat. There is no magic pill.

Here's how it works. Weigh yourself fully clothed, including holding your purse or wallet, using a very accurate scale. Go buy some Hydroxycut. Go back and weigh yourself and you will notice that you have lost the wieght of the money you had in your wallet that you spent on this product.

Also, the side effects look scary (liver damage?) - check out this 2009 FDA warning concerning these products:

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm152152.htm

They probably have changed the formula since then, but geez....dietary supps are such a shady biz.

P.S. There are cheaper stimulants and diuretics out there if you must....
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I used it some years ago.... it did work.....it controlled my hunger and i had ALOT of energy to exercise.... so i burned TONS of calories....and i lost alot of weight using it.... but u are right....pills alone wont work, u have to make this a lifestyle change, uz i didnt and as you see im her on MFP and need to lose weight again....lol

Oh ps:... dont expect it to be a majic pill....you still have to WORK over time!
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago in conjuction with exercise and, like many here, saw no benefit to taking it over exercising without taking it.

So I opted to ditch the pill because it was costing me money, seemed to be an over-glorified caffiene pill, and included a lot of extra stuff that I figured I just didn't need.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ***Headdesk***

There are NO quick fixes or anything that is going to "make" you lose weight any faster. Funny how these types of pills have you take them with a BALANCED DIET, EATING AT A DEFICIT & EXERCISE!!!! Wow, and to think that it was the pill doing most of the work!!!!

Seriously, eat at a calorie deficit, workout, educate yourself and learn and adapt to a new lifestyle for a healthier and happy YOU!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    but already tell I wont be able to lose more. It's hard for me to lose any weight anyways

You will lose more. From your start date, it looks like what happened might have been that you experienced the quick shedding of initial pounds (something not uncommon when rehauling your lifestyle) and then hit the place where your body naturally slows. PSCOS is also a factor - it's not that you can't lose weight, it's that your body has readjusted itself and is dealing with a medical condition.

I think most people think it's hard for them to lose weight - and sometimes it is. But I think what most people mean is "It's hard to lose weight FAST." And that's where they get into trouble.
  • eddierdiaz
    eddierdiaz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I recently tried it with no results. You'd be better off to keep your money. I've seen much better results just cutting out bread products.
    I wouldnt cut out bread products, just substitute white for wheats and consume those good carbs earlier in the day.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have any personal experience with hydroxycut, but something I wanted to mention... are you breastfeeding? You mentioned that you have a 7 month old... I am assuming you already know this but please do not take anything if you are! It would most likely pass through your milk.

I also agree with the person who suggested a lower carb diet with the PCOS. I don't have it, but I was tested for it because I was having so many problems. I switched to HIGH PROTEIN (which translated into low carb, the difference is that I focus on the protein, not the carbs) diet and I felt a lot better. The other thing I would highly suggest is weight training. You build muscle and burn more... plus you don't lose any muscle mass while you are dieting and that is important!

Good luck! And don't forget that this is marathon, not a sprint. You have to be patient with yourself and with your body. True weight loss is not quick or easy. You have to look at all aspects of your weight loss while you are doing this, not just the number!
  • Ender126
    Options
    I use Hydroxycut before I run in the morning. It's a "real" energy boost and it helps me run farther/longer. It DOES give you the "jitters" when you first start using it. I only take 1 pill when I use it though. Maybe it's a mental thing, maybe not. It's up to you really.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    DH bought some and didn't use it. I opt'ed to try it and I haven't seen any results. Then I read that the main ingredient is caffeine. Well, I drink a ****ton of coffee a day so no wonder I was feeling a bit more jittery, I was having more caffeine than I normally would.

If you want to try a stimulant start drinking a caffeinated beverage or consider 5 Hour energy.
  • sterober
    Options
    I've taken this product before. It wasn't for me. Made me feel jittery and kinda sick. I'll be honest, I take a low stimulant fat burner by usplabs called recreate. It's been helping me without giving me the side affects that I usually get from stimulants. I'm 23 years old and also have PCOS. I understand the frustration. Just thought I'd share my experiences. I wish you all the best and hope you find what works for you!
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had used it a year ago, my energy levels went up and I lost weight without much if any exercise and little diet control. Sadly it isn’t easily available in India anymore and I believe they have changed the formula as well.