Coconut water

Options
Lois_1989
Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
I keep hearing about it and was wondering what all the hype was about? I've read some stuff about it, such as it being better to take to the gym than water/sports drink, but its all conflicting and just wondering what people's opinions about it are?

Merci! :happy:

Replies

• jellybeansarenice
    Options
    Yeah It's meant to be good stuff, I think it has electrolytes in so it's a good sports/recovery drink!
  • Bufite
    Bufite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use it after Bikram yoga when you sweat a lot. Makes me feel better instantly and tastes less offensive than sports drinks.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I've had a cold for the last week and i've been drinking it at night (I was getting dehydrated) and it made a difference, I didn't wake up as thirsty. I drink it after workouts too and it's good mixed in a smoothie :)
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    it just tastes so goood.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Not anything special.

Coconut oil is good for the MCT content, which is good for dieting and general energy.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It is so nice
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love it! It has a good amount of potassium and helps with dehydration and soreness. To me, it's more like a fruit than a sports drink...
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I hear great things about it but I can't stand the taste of it. My body must know it's good for me.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Coconut oil is good for the MCT content, which is good for dieting and general energy.

Just been back from the gym via the supermarket and picked up a little can of the water and a jar of the oil. Looking forward to using it! :happy:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Coconut water tastes soapy, I don't like it at all. But I use coconoil quite a bit...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    :sick:

I don't like it. I'll finish it, but may not buy it again.