HELP!!! - I dont like drinking water

Options
Hello People,

I need help with drinking water. I know I need to take 8 cups of water in a day, however i find it so difficult to drink water.

I do not like drinking water

There are days when i go by without drinking water at all.

Any tips on how i can get over this hurdle as i think it is my biggest barrier to weight loss.

Replies

• gef210001
    Options
    What about water do you not like? Have you tried warm water? Lemon?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    When I started I hated water too. Sometimes we just have to do what we hate. The benefits outweighed the cons.

Do you like tea? How about using Mio? How about adding lemon?
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty...
  • bukkiagbeniga
    Options
    I really cannot say what i don't like about water, though i have not tried with lemon. Will try that.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You can drink flavored water, tea, or water with lemon.

It's not about liking it or not liking it. It's about filling up the water bottle and just chugging it all day, like it's your job or a chore. Sometimes we have to do things we don't like.

I don't like water. I don't dislike it. I drink it because my body is made up of it and needs it. That's all.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    How about squash? Sugar free if you body is fine with the sweeteners.
    Or beer if you have the calories to spare?

I have found now evidence that it matters if the water is mixed with something.
    I've found plenty of evidence that suggests it doesn't water where your fluid intake comes from - which includes when the water is in food as well as other drinks.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I drink those flavored "sparkling ice" waters..they are a fizzy water and I take my water bottle and mix half of that with half a bottle of regular water..shake it up and drink.

I know people will rant on about the flavored waters ..but it works for me.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    How about using Mio?

:noway:
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mio is good but artificial - but I still use it. Sometimes at home I'll make just plain brewed tea with lemon and chill it - if its too bitter, I'll add Splenda [the horrors, I know :)]
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I hated it at first too, somedays to be honest I still do. I mix lemon and lime ( 1 wedge each) in with 16-18 ounces of water. Refresh wedges every 2-3 refill as needed.

Pretty tasty!
  • bdreilly84
    Options
    I got this water bottle at Kohls and there is a little compartment in it that you can put fresh fruit or whatever in and it flavors the water. I drank 10 servings yesterday without being totally miserable!!
  • mtogle09
    mtogle09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to fill up my 32 oz Nalgene bottle and sit it in from of me. I know that by the time I leave work, it needs to be empty, twice!

I use different flavor Mios to change up the taste. It is also easier to drink larger quantities of room temperature water than chilled water, so give that a shot.

Good luck!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I get a bunch of my daily water from coffee. Sure, I drink a few glasses of plain old tap water, but the water in my food, coffee, tap water, milk, etc. all count as water.

Also, the eight glasses a day thing is so 2012. Go read some more recent research and don't stress about it so much.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty...
    Me too. Shocking, but true
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I NEVER drank water EVER. I drank Dr Pepper instead and milk. It was the toughest part of this. First I had to switch to diet Dr Pepper. Since the taste of that isn't that great I started just pouring water and drinking it. A glass in a hurry just to get it down. I tried a lot of the different "flavor stuff" but it really didn't help much. I gradually started drinking more and more till now I drink almost what I should every day. You just get used to it after awhile but it still can be tough. I drink bottled water and filtered. Can't just drink tap water. It is one of those JUST DO IT things. GOod luck!!
  • TheCurvyGamble
    TheCurvyGamble Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. i find it difficult to drink water all the time. it gets old and its tasteless. I do find though that if i flavor it i drink way more so right now i add a fruit and veggie 2 go drink mix and its so good. I get my water in and my nutrients and things of fruits and veggies since i dont eat either one.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's like saying, "I don't like to eat food!" I don't know what to tell you. Water has no taste to it, so I'm not sure what there is to dislike about it. :huh:
  • Zabbyyy
    Options
    Have you tried adding some sort of natural flavoring? such as lemon or lime?
    If that doesn't work, try get into a certain mindset.
    Tell yourself that you NEED to drink water, tell yourself that you DO like it! Tell yourself that its GOOD for you and that it will HELP you get to where you want to be!!
    I hope this helps, good luck!
  • coochas
    Options
    I've never been a big water drinker but I like carbonated water.
    I bought a Sodastream home fizzy water maker and now typically drink 2 liters every day and more if I have a big workout. The Diet Pink Grapefruit tastes like Fresca! Mmmmm.
    I highly recommend it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Run up an IV and drip bag.