How much did you lose before anyone noticed?

Options
2»

Replies

• JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me it's around 40 pounds. I think that's the point when people go from I think she might be losing weight to I know she looks different and can say something safely ;)

Jana, you are doing great but in the end you have to do it for yourself and the positive comments are just a bonus!!!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, Jana. When I had lost 25 pounds, three people came up to me and ask if I'd gotten a haircut. I hadn't had one in about 2 months (get one twice a year whether I need it or not :happy: ). I didn't start getting many comments on my weight loss until I'd lost about 30-35 pounds. Sometimes, folks are a little reluctant to say something because they don't know the circumstances regarding a weight loss, too. Hang tough, girl. You see it. You feel it. You can tell in your clothes. Others will get on board soon.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    People started noticing at about 35 pounds. One person said that there was something different about me but couldn't put her finger on it. I said I lost weight. she said that wasn't it. Go figure.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I lost 9 lbs people started commenting on how much weight I lost. I think it was because it was most noticeable in my face so it made it obvious.

By 15lbs I had dropped one clothing size which made a bid difference on my 5'4 body. Then the comments came flooding in.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere, not sure where, but you will notice the first 10lbs, it takes others to notice a 20lb loss. For me that was true. At 10lbs I felt it in my clothes, at 20lbs, others' started to notice. Now they really can that I am closer to 40lb
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    15-20 pounds before a few people noticed.
    25-30 pounds before a lot of people noticed.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I started at 225.5 and have lost 25 lbs. (almost at Onederland....yay!), but no one seems to think I look thinner (well, at least no one has said anything positive to me yet), even though my former "fat pants" are falling off of me. I guess some folks don't show a weight loss until they reach a certain amount, so my question is: How much weight did you lose before anyone noticed?

Probably a good 10 lbs and ppl started to notice.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    No one has noticed, at least haven't mentioned anything. My husband notices every time I lose like 2lbs, I swear. He's very attentive apparently lol
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs and people still have not said anything----whateva!

I personally noticed at 40 lbs. That is when I had to buy new pants.

I learned never to rely on other people feelings when it comes to your weight loss and your health. I guess some people just don't care.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    At 60-65lbs down, some people noticed-many didn't. At 70+, the people that didn't notice at 65 thought I was sick because I had lost "so much so fast". Not sure what made that the magic number, but 70+ was when people seemed to actually notice. I am 5'4" and started at 233.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 4 and started at 227. It seemed like no one noticed till I had lost about 40 - 50 pounds. But it is winter and I have been resisiting buying new cloths till next year because I want to lose a few more sizes.

On the fun side, when people do observe they think it happened overnight and you will have lots of people wanting to know what fad diet you are on.

My doctor almost fell off his chair when he saw me after 50 pounds. (He didn't notice at the 25 pound mark)

So be patient it will be more fun when there is dramatic difference.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    70 pounds before anyone said anything to me but I started at 323. I think sometimes people are scared to say anything in case you're losing due to health issues. Give it time, they will notice. :smile:

A guy at my church came up to me and said " Bill, are you losing weight?/ I said yes..and smiled, he then said are you ok?? Are you sick?? lol.... I was like ummmm nooooooooo... lol...
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs and people still have not said anything----whateva!

:noway:

Wow...I think you look AMAZING!!!!!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    You mean how much before I noticed right?
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have found that in general people are not quick to say anything when people lose weight. Even my closest friends just act like they don't notice. And thats fine, I care and know how much I've lost and how I'm making great progress. It's better to not expect it or say you've even been dieting because then people really won't say anything. I've also found (women mostly) people to be very jealous when others lose. Just my observation.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started out at 160 lbs. I think the first person to notice was an older woman at my kickboxing class. I had lost about 15-20 lbs. by then. I think my boyfriend was the last one to notice the weight loss at around 30 lbs., and he gets to see me naked. *facepalm*
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here in that people probably notice but most people won't say anything. I got some comments from people once I lost around 35lbs and a few more here and there since then. Most of the comments came from family over the holidays. By then I had lost 50lbs, they hadn't seen me in a while and aren't afraid to say anything.

Don't get discouraged if people don't comment. I, for one, would never say anything even if I did notice.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was nearly at 50lbs down before anyone (not related to me) said anything. The first person to notice was a male co-worker who said he felt uncomfortable saying anything---especially since I'm female. I was thrilled--I still carry that little compliment in my compliment toolbox.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started out at 160 lbs. I think the first person to notice was an older woman at my kickboxing class. I had lost about 15-20 lbs. by then. I think my boyfriend was the last one to notice the weight loss at around 30 lbs., and he gets to see me naked. *facepalm*

LOL!! Facepalm indeed.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Turn the lights on. :wink: :laugh: