Shopping List App

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I currently use an app on my phone to keep track of items I need to buy at the grocery store. I have the app on my phone since my phone is with me 100% of the time. It works great. But, I would like an app that is shared across platforms, devices, and over the web. Almost exactly the way the MFP app works.

Currently i have:
Platform: Android
App: Out Of Milk

If you use an app for your grocery list, what do you use and how do you like it? Does it work the way I'm asking for it?

Replies

• tufztuf
    tufztuf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really love BigOven. It has a site you load onto your computer and it has an app, which I have on my iPhone and on my KindleFire. There's a free version and an inexpensive paid version.

What I LOVE about this app is that you can search for recipes and add them to your collection. You can also input your own recipes. Then if you want to make one of them, you just select it for the grocery list. It throws all the items onto the grocery list screen and you just click the "x" next to any ingredients that you don't need.

It displays an icon for each recipe you've added to the grocery list. If you decide NOT to make one of those recipes, you just click the RECIPE icon and all the ingredients for that recipe will be removed.

You can also add random other items you just want purchase.

FINALLY, when you go to the store (using the app), it has all your items sorted by store department with a checkbox by each item. As you pick up each item you check the box. Voila!

I LOVE BigOven !
  • neverstray
    Options
    Thanks. That looks pretty sweet.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I use groceryiq. It's great for list-obsessed people such as myself.

1) you can use it across platforms
    2) you can have multiple lists for multiple stores
    3) easy to use

I do so like lists.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I use an app called "our groceries". Works well and we are able to share the list between phones so if my wife or I add something to the list it adds it on both phones. Can have as many lists as you like. We use it for Christmas shopping/ideas as well.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If I use one I use the Kroger app, mainly because I shop there because it is on my way home. You can make a grocery list and load coupons onto your Kroger Plus card.

Most of the time I write the things I need down on a sticky note and attach it to my phone so I won't forget, silly I know :laugh:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have droid tablet transformer and I just use Evernote to create a shopping list where its easier to type onto and edit. Then when I get to the shop I pull up same app on my phone and my list is there. Of course I can also edit on phone too if out.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a good one for Android yet. I currently use ListMaster, and it's just meh, like all the other list apps I've tried.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just use the notepad and keep my list there. As I buy it, I erase it.

I've tried apps, and just found them cumbersome, since I don't mind just writing down what I need. I also don't really cook, so I rarely need a recipe while in the store.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Most of the time I write the things I need down on a sticky note and attach it to my phone so I won't forget, silly I know :laugh:

haha I do this too!
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use Ziplist; it's a grocery list that works across multiple platforms and the web as well as a place to get recipe ideas and you can clip recipes from other sites/blogs and it imports them. ( A lot of popular food bloggers already have the button to do this for you). You can also meal plan on there and it will create a shopping list for you by store category.
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options

me three :flowerforyou: lol
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    ToMarket Grocery Shopping free or pro (for Android), the only shopping app I use after trialing at least 6 others.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.OliasSolutions.ToMarketFull
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use Ziplist; it's a grocery list that works across multiple platforms and the web as well as a place to get recipe ideas and you can clip recipes from other sites/blogs and it imports them. ( A lot of popular food bloggers already have the button to do this for you). You can also meal plan on there and it will create a shopping list for you by store category.

I just started using Ziplist too, I can pull in the recipes ingredients from Skinnytaste.
    I have an android also and I was using "Out of Milk". Ziplist is way better.
  • neverstray
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This is awesome. I did quick test runs and decided on Groceryiq. Seems to work exactly the way I want: Android, IPad, and via a web browser. And easily syncs across all. Nice app.

Thanks again.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    We use Cozi, which is a family app that everyone in the family can access to add to from their phones, ipads, computers, etc.
    I set up separate lists for Costco, groceries, Target, etc. and everyone adds and subtracts.

The app has lots of other functions, too, like a calendar. We've been using it for more than a year and everyone loves it.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I currently use an app on my phone to keep track of items I need to buy at the grocery store. I have the app on my phone since my phone is with me 100% of the time. It works great. But, I would like an app that is shared across platforms, devices, and over the web. Almost exactly the way the MFP app works.

Currently i have:
    Platform: Android
    App: Out Of Milk

If you use an app for your grocery list, what do you use and how do you like it? Does it work the way I'm asking for it?
    Not sure you are aware of this but if you buy the pro version of OutofMilk, there is a web interface, it will sync between devices, and an iOS version is coming soon so you will be able to sync between Android and iOS as well as use the web interface. My wife uses the web interface to post updates from time to time to our list. I really like OutofMilk and can't wait for the iOS one to come out so my wife can use that on her phone.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    While I really like OutofMilk, I am definitely going to have to give cozi a look. GroceryIq also looks interesting but the interface feels a little less polished while it definitely has a nice feature set.