Most Hated Bands/Artists

Options

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Preparing to be bashed into oblivion but I cannot stand Nirvana or the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

*leaves room slowly*
    Agree on Nirvana, but disagree on RHCP. Their CD "By The Way" helped me mentally get through my divorce.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson

Any other "pop" music
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any female singer who is celebrated as being a powerful vocalist yet can't actually hold a note without wibble-wobbling it up and down. This includes Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and practically everyone else who the term "diva" is applied to. Wanna see a woman who can actually sing - Ruthie Henshall - nuff said.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any female singer who is celebrated as being a powerful vocalist yet can't actually hold a note without wibble-wobbling it up and down. This includes Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and practically everyone else who the term "diva" is applied to. Wanna see a woman who can actually sing - Ruthie Henshall - nuff said.

Caro Emerald and Rox are both pretty good too. Great singers, great music, not nearly enough media exposure.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

it's fine that you don't like them. But, holding a note isn't like lifting 200 pounds. their voices aren't buckling at the weight of the note. these are called melisma (or "runs" for the slang term) where a singer hits multiple notes in key up and down for one syllable of music.

anyway, like i said, that doesn't mean you have to like it, it just seemed like you were equating the "wibble-wobble" with weakness (and there are plenty of men who do this as well).

that said, I dislike some pop, some rock, some rap, etc. but the only 2 artists that i have a visceral negative reaction to are Toby Keith and Bruno Mars.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Jedwood!
    Justin Beeber
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber
    Bob Dylan (yes, I said it!!!)
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't see the big deal with the Beatles. Never liked their music...i don't really like music from back then to start with anyway.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't get the Nickelback hate...
    I can't stand the lead singer's voice, nor the vast majority of their lyrics.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Preparing to be bashed into oblivion but I cannot stand Nirvana or the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

*leaves room slowly*
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers were great until EVERY SINGLE SONG they came out with started sounding the same.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    this is actually called vibrato and is very difficult to accomplish.

I'm sure it is. It also sounds like **** :drinker:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

it's fine that you don't like them. But, holding a note isn't like lifting 200 pounds. their voices aren't buckling at the weight of the note. these are called melisma (or "runs" for the slang term) where a singer hits multiple notes in key up and down for one syllable of music.

anyway, like i said, that doesn't mean you have to like it, it just seemed like you were equating the "wibble-wobble" with weakness (and there are plenty of men who do this as well).

Thank you for clearing that up... you beat me to it. Those four singers are not on my favorites list, but you cannot argue that they don't have powerful voices. I'm not a huge fan of that style, either... I just wouldn't attack them for it. (Full disclosure: I am a vocalist, and I don't sing in that style. I sound more like Ann Wilson and Karen Carpenter had a love child.)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nickel back. Bruce Sprinstein. Avril Levigne. (sp? Oh who cares!) Katy Perry. Most crap on the radio. Anything that claims to be "death metal" ( excluding Dethklock lol)... New "country" music. Wow, I'm such a hater! Lol
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber
    Bob Dylan (yes, I said it!!!)

I'm right there with ya!
  • prwhicks
    prwhicks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    rihanna, katy perry, nicki minaj
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Kesha sounds like someone is strangling her every time she sings. I kind of wish it was me.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Kesha sounds like someone is strangling her every time she sings. I kind of wish it was me.

Post of the year... and the year is only two days old.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Cold Play
    Nickleback
    Tom Petty
    Rihanna
    Beyonce/Jay-Z
    Paris Hilton ( haha remember when she tried to be a musical "talent" )
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Natalie Merchant. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard while chewing on foil.