Controlling my Donuts

Options
I am a big fan of donuts, and something that has made me sooo proud is when I got offered a doughnut yesterday, I simply raised my hand and said " No, thanks! ". I was offered another donut today, also, and I said no again. I burned and boiled and felt soo like.. UGH! But I still kept my word and didnt take any!
It Also today, I had a tomato instead of bread for breakfast.
It may sound silly to share such a small accomplishment, but to be honest.. I felt so good!

PS: I hope all of you reach ur goals! Happy ny!

Replies

• alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a small accomplishment! It's something so many of us struggle with being able to say no to some of our favorite foods. I feel the same way when I'm strong enough to do it!

:smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I notice that with each time I say no to a bad food..my will power strengthens and that is what leads to weightloss success.
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    I notice that with each time I say no to a bad food..my will power strengthens and that is what leads to weightloss success.

Very true!
  • tcleavinger
    tcleavinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awsome!!! That's no SMALL accomplishment...that's a huge one! I had to do the same with my soda. It's was so much easier after the first couple days. I had the courage then to not do it. Now I rarely crave it.
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Awsome!!! That's no SMALL accomplishment...that's a huge one! I had to do the same with my soda. It's was so much easier after the first couple days. I had the courage then to not do it. Now I rarely crave it.

Im so glad for you! :) I never really liked soda casue the bubbles hurt my throught. Lol
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i walked in to work todya and someone had brought donuts! and my tow favorite (glzed and sugar raised) were right there lookin at me...but I said NO and havent touched them :)
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    i walked in to work todya and someone had brought donuts! and my tow favorite (glzed and sugar raised) were right there lookin at me...but I said NO and havent touched them :)

Lol :-D Same kind! Glazed and sugar raised
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment, if you look at my diary this past week, you'll notice I could not say no to the donut(s).
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Great accomplishment, if you look at my diary this past week, you'll notice I could not say no to the donut(s).

Its ok! :) There is always tomorrow
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'll try to send you some of my donut hatred. There are plenty of foods I have a hard time saying "no" to, so I know how it is.

But donuts? Bleh! Too squishy and sweet, makes a big ball of dough in my mouth, hard to swallow.
  • pilk32
    pilk32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great work! Our ultimate goal starts one step at a time! No matter how big or small you may think they are!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's the way to do it, one effort of will at a time builds up to success! :smile:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    you don't have to say 'no' to the donuts if they fit in your calories for the day.
  • rosesamantha43
    Options
    good for you
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The will power feels so good! Yay for you! I also love donuts, I used to go get a coffee coolata from Dunkin Donuts and then get two donuts (so much calories and it wouldn't even fill me up!)....I haven't had a donut in 6 months (well I guess I caved and had one munchkin at work). Just one tiny little munchkin in 6 months though! woo!
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
    The big victories are made up of small victories like this one.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I have a hard time saying no to chinesse food. They order it every week at work and its so tempting. But I cant even imagine how bad it is for me. Ive been saying no the past few weeks and its definitely getting easier. :)
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    good for you

Thanks everyone!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You know what worked for me? Seeking out the best donut shop in town. Now that I have eaten the donuts there, I will no longer settle for any other donuts.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Was there a moment there wherer you almost felt like you wanted to cry like you were saying goodbye to a dear old friend? I often get that when I have to say No just wondered if you felt that way.

However, you feel so good afterwards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!