If you could go back to day one of MFP

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Start lifting heavy stuff from the start.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would say "Stay off the damn forums !!.....They're addicting !!" :)

They are but I've also learned quite a bit from them.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat (because I was when I just started)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'd say *don't ever deactivate*

I'd deactivate.

^this

ETA: Oh, and I'd tell me not to tear a hip muscle.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    "Eat more. 1200 calories is NOT enough, fool!"
  • PumpGertrude
    Options
    Progress pictures. Don't have any of me from 1 year ago or 2 years ago.

I use to take bi-weekly pictures and send them to a friend who was no-nonsense with me and she would be honest with me. But, I fat-fingered the phone number one time and sent to the wrong person.

Lololol! I can only hope the pictures didn't show too much "progress" if you know what I mean. Must have been interesting for the recipient!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'd deactivate.

But then you wouldn't have interacted with all of us awesome people.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Tell myself to take it way more seriously!!! I joined In 2009 and am just now starting to work with the program.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to relax. It's not that serious.

And, I would tell myself to try Quest bars. :happy:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Def progress pics and not to half my calorie intake in one fell swoop.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Don't think that whatever I put into my mouth doesn't matter and that I needed more water, not diet pepsi.

Also running and weight lifting, should have started that sooner, though I couldn't start running until after my 6 week appointment which i did that day.

That i can accomplish anything, if I just put my mind to it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Take pics and measurements. I didn't because I thought I'd jinx myself. *headslap*
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I use to take bi-weekly pictures and send them to a friend who was no-nonsense with me and she would be honest with me. But, I fat-fingered the phone number one time and sent to the wrong person.

So essentially, you not only sent semi-naked pics to a stranger, you followed it up with 'sorry, I fat-fingered you. That was meant for someone else.' ?

:laugh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

ROFL!!!! Any reply?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would have stopped worrying about doing cardio until I was ready to puke and focused on weight training with just enough cardio for heart health and overall fitness improvements.
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself that it can be done, but it's going to take a long time. And you can't ever stop trying or go back to how things were because that's what made you fat in the first place. Duh.

Looking at old pics now grosses me out. It keeps me from grabbing for that extra cookie (most of the time).

Also, I'd probably ask what took so long.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i am one of those who is grossed out by what i used to look like. i think some of that is due to being in fantastic shape all through my 20s and then when i got to grad school i gained some, then got pregnant and then took a while to just mope around and not be my active self. so i wish on day one of mfp i would have just been able to change my mentality. i started out expecting a slow weight loss and i was very satisfied with my results. just wish i could be happy with how far i have come. the problem is i keep remembering what i used to look like and it holds me back sometimes.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

Probably this :laugh:

I don't believe you.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I'd deactivate.

Ill deactivate for us!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself to set myself to mfp's maintenance and see what happened. I would have lost at a much better pace and perhaps not have become anaemic.