BREAKFAST ON THE GO

Options
I need some ideas for breakfast.
Right now i have been having a blueberry nutrigrain bar.
When I tracked with MFP i see that its 12g sugar.
Any ideas for something a lil lower in sugar.

Replies

• portergolf
    Options
    Go to bed 10 minutes earlier and wake up to minutes earlier and make eggs :)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My go-to for that is usually wholemeal toast with PB and banana, sandwiched together. OR slice of toast and chopped fruit/cubed cheese. If I'm really tight on time, I always keep a stash of those Belvita breakfast biscuits in my car.
  • MrsHammy01
    MrsHammy01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made South Beach Diet Egg and vegeatable cups last night. They are 9.1 calories for 1. I heat them in the microwave. Pretty tasty and filling due to the egg whites.
  • mkhristov
    mkhristov Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Adkins Vanilla shake.
    Sometimes I hard boil & peel eggs night before for easy to go breakfast.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    make a smoothie the night before. :)

Banana
    Berries
    Protein Powder
    Cashews

Delish.

(Personally my smoothies are more of the veggie variety, but most people won't dig that)
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Adkins shake. Vanilla :)

whole foods are almost always better. :)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg
    scrambled eggs in a cup (takes a minute, seriously)
    yogurt cup

I'm finding that preparing meals on Sunday for the week helps ALOT. Takes a little effort but it's worth it.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the "nutrition" bars or breakfast bars - if you want a bar then go for a protein bar that has about 200 cals and about 10g of protein.

Emerald nuts has "Breakfast on the Go" - diferent varieties of trail mixes that are generally fairly low in sugar but high in protein.

PB and bananas is one of my favorites.

There's a recipe here on MFP for Breakfast Quiche Muffins - very good, and you can make them ahead of time and just heat them up.

I usually eat one of the above with a banana every morning on my way to work.
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    I loooooveeee toast with jam
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    We'd all probably benefit from getting up earlier and making something, but if you can't or don't want to... try switching your Nutri Grain out for a protien bar. Still easy to eat on the go, or keep a stash in the car/desk, but can have a better macro balance. Be careful some are still high in sugar. There are a ton out there, and these probably aren'y the best, but they are convenient and I can get them at Sam's Club. Detour Caramel Peanut, 180 cal, 6g fat(3 sat/0trans), 15g Protien, 16g carb (2g fiber, 6g sugar). Good Luck!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    oatmeal. I put it in my plastic container the night before (meaured out) and put my fake sugar in it and leave it next to my stove. Nx morning, i turn my water kettle on for coffe and leave it on warm or low and pour the hot water in my oatmeal right before i leave for work. add cinnamon, raising, vanilla etc. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I hardboil eggs

tortilla + shredded chees + scrambled eggs in saran wrap. Premake the night before, zap in the morning.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I make these small sandwiches made of graham crackers, banana, and peanut butter (enough for taste and protein). I mush the bananas and pb together to make a thick pudding consistency and then smear it between the crackers to make a sandwich. Freeze them over night, ready for the grab and go the next morning. 3-4 should do the trick for hunger to hold you over till snack time.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Lightly butter a slice of whole wheat/grain bread, throw a slice of cheese on it, and then toss it in the toaster. Then fry up an egg over hard as you are on the go. Once the toast is done plop the egg on the toast, and then consume.
  • pbright2880
    pbright2880 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like eggs with spinach for breakfast or whole grain toast with 1tablespoon peanut butter and a cup of milk.
  • pbright2880
    pbright2880 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    this sounds good... going to have to try
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Lightly butter a slice of whole wheat/grain bread, throw a slice of cheese on it, and then toss it in the toaster. Then fry up an egg over hard as you are on the go. Once the toast is done plop the egg on the toast, and then consume.

just throwing butter and cheese on whole grain bread doesn't make it healthy... :P
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a handful of cheerios on my way out the door, I'm probably eating a little less than 1 serving, but even at 1 serving it's really low on sugar
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    just throwing butter and cheese on whole grain bread doesn't make it healthy... :P
    At no point in time did I make a statement that throwing butter and cheese on bread makes it healthy. The OP asked for ideas on a to-go breakfast, and I provided one.
  • MrsSummerM
    Options
    I place a serving of oatmeal in a glass tupperware with some raisins and truvia sweetener every night. In the am I just ad h2o or soy milk, microvace and go.