No-Flour 65 Calorie Blueberry Pancakes

Options
I just tried a recipe for no-flour 65-calorie blueberry pancakes I saw on a blog by TaraLynn McNitt, called 'Undressed Skeleton', I'll post the link below. Anyway, these turned out yummy!!

All it uses is 1 egg, 1 large banana and some blueberries.
Delicious. Honestly, tasted like pancakes!

Thought maybe someone else might like this idea :)

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/38657925508#notes

Replies

• hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yum that looks good and so easy. thanks for sharing : )
  • meggolego
    Options
    No problem!
    I was skeptical at first, thinking they'd just taste like eggs. But they dont.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • kristenleewarren
    Options
    yummy indeed. i have pancakes like this sometimes, except my recipe calls for some PB as well. i add the blueberries after. they are yummmmmy. GF and delish!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of effort and compromise to save 15 calories. Bisquick pancakes (46 g bisquick complete per 2 pancakes) are 80 calories each. If you have a legitimate gluten problem, maybe. I hate pretending foods are other foods.
  • Brialychr3
    Brialychr3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but also add Almond/cashew butter - don't eat flour/bisquick etc - don't feel good when I do so the sans flour route pancakes are awesome!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!
  • GroveGirl1905
    Options
    This look yummy! I don't eat wheat so flour-free suggestions are a perfect fit for me. Thanks for sharing!
  • shellybob79
    shellybob79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look amazing, cannot wait to make these for me and my little ones. Thank you.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. Hubby is doing the no flour- no sugar. I was told to avoif grains and see if it helped my asthma. It does seem to help. So hard to avoid, though. Grains are in EVERYTHING!! :sad:
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you have ever left your Bisquick too long in the pantry and it has hatched.... You'll never eat it again. I may try these! Even if they don't taste like a scratch pancake they may be a fun breakfast. Thanks!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well I wont.... who wants an undressed skeleton anyway? what kinda motivational point is that? If I was a lesbian (which I'm not although I have a healthy appreciation of a beautiful female form..... which isn't skeletal by the way)... I would like curves... in and out? healthy.... straight down or curving out...barrel fat
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    oh and ketonic starvation breath from someone lacking essential fats and calories? Not sexy? come on woman... give us some real food. Moderation in all things.... no need for radical cutting out of food groups or ridiculous diets. Eat less, move more. End of story
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i happen to love the undressed skeleton blog.. her story is quite inspirational and she does have lots of awesome recipes... i've been wanting to try these pancakes, not because i'm avoiding carby goodness, but because i have real issues including fruits in my diet haha.. so banana based pancakes might be a good start for me!
  • meggolego
    Options
    Well I wont.... who wants an undressed skeleton anyway? what kinda motivational point is that? If I was a lesbian (which I'm not although I have a healthy appreciation of a beautiful female form..... which isn't skeletal by the way)... I would like curves... in and out? healthy.... straight down or curving out...barrel fat

oh and ketonic starvation breath from someone lacking essential fats and calories? Not sexy? come on woman... give us some real food. Moderation in all things.... no need for radical cutting out of food groups or ridiculous diets. Eat less, move more. End of story

Hokay, just so we're clear, I'm pretttty sure this isn't a post about starving or lacking nutrition at all. Undressed Skeleton just happens to be the name of her blog. She lost weight by exercising and eating healthier foods. Of course, you would know that if you happened to even read her blog instead of jumping on this post because of the name of it.

Furthermore, I did not post this for the basis of "radical cutting out of food groups or ridiculous diets." I posted it under "Recipes" because I made them, and they were delicious. And that's basically it. Get it? A new recipe.

Great way to get fruit in your diet. I was genuinely surprised they didn't taste like...eggs and bananas.

But yeah, Serious Sally, thanks for your input about the hypothetical situation in which you're a lesbian. I can now live happily knowing your preferences.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning... YUM!!! My 6 year old helped make them and he thought it was really fun, however he didn't care for the taste. They are surprisingly pancakey in flavor and texture, but just different enough that it may take a few attempts to get the kiddos on board with them over the traditional fluffy buttermilks:) Anyways, I used one large banana, one egglands best extra large egg(whole), dash of cinnamon, and added the blueberries. Served with 1/8 cup generic light syrup. It makes 3-4 and I don't really think anyone is going to eat just one pancake (you'll probably eat them all)...
    251 total calories 44 carbs 5 fat 8 protein 5 fiber 161 sodium
  • kristinglori
    Options
    Nice. I'll be excited to try these!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow, those look amazing. I need to go buy bananas then it looks like it'll be pancakes for lunch!
  • Kara4boys
    Options
    I'm new to all this on this site. Trying to eat healthier and lose the baby weight (my baby is now one). I don't have any blueberries in the house, but thought this would be a fun low-cal. breakfast for me and the kiddos tomorrow. Would strawberries work as I have a bunch of those? Also, would it change the calories much?
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Having Banana Pancakes would probably take you out of ketosis for the day unless it was the only thing you eat for the day. Bananas are high in carbs and being in ketosis means you arent consuming more then about 25g of carbs a day ( depending on the person). I think you have your wires crossed on the intention of this post. Not only is this reciepe low in calories but clean as well with no proccessed flour etc. Being healthy is not just about the number of calories your consuming but the toxins your putting into your body