Can i lose a stone in a month?

Options
I would really like to lose a stone by 1st of June. So far i have lost about a stone in 2 months. I struggle with exercise due to work, but try walking at least an hour about 2-3 times a week. My downfall is the chocolates and crisps. Any tips to help me along the way

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what a stone was lol. My understanding is that it is about 14 US pounds. Could you do it, yes. Could you do it in a safe and healthy way, I don't know. I don't know your current weight/height/etc. The closer you get to a healthy weight the harder it is to lose. I wouldn't be so worried about the need to hit a certain weight by a certain date. It could promote unhealthy practices or extreme disapointment if you feel like you failed. Ideally you want to lose the weight and keep it off. I wouldn't rush it.
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    My high goal would be around a stone a month as well. However, I work so hard on being positive and not getting down on myself that I don't kick my own *kitten* as much as I probably should. My downfall really isn't the junk food, it's the booze. Then when I come home from boozing I stuff my face.

I think what you and I need is to stop going easy on ourselves and really kick it up to see results. You put down the crisps and I'll put down the bottle and we'll both be better off in a month's time.

Kevin
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I would love to lose a stone in a month...
    If you put your mind to it you can do it...but you will have to really want to cut back on calories and exercise quite a bit...
    I wish you luck...
  • Manuka
    Manuka Posts: 35 Member
    Options
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It's really not healthy to do it that fast. Should probably give yourself at least 2 months to lose that much. However, you could do weight training and toning that would make you look fabulous even if the scale isn't moving as fast as you like.
  • katie192
    katie192 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I weight about 11 stone at the moment, so i am going to give it a go and even if i only lose 7 pounds i will be happy!