More water = more peeing!

Options
2»

Replies

• L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I pee 1,000 times a day, it feels like. I swear as soon as I drink one 8 ounce cup, I am running to the restroom. I have a desk job too and I highly doubt they'd say something about you needing to pee excessively. I don't notice or even care about what the rest of my coworkers are doing when they leave their desks and pay them no mind. The feelings are mutual.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just paranoid because at my last job my boss WAS a "nazi" about breaks and overtime! lol
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you are having to pee that much, back off on the water. As long as you are adequatly hydrated, there is no quota of water you need to force feed yourself. That is a total myth.
  • thewalrusisfree
    Options
    Just pee. Let them fire you. Collect unemployment, find a lawyer, sue for wrongful termination. Slam dunk case.

amen! and join a union asap if at all possible :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be consumed whilst you are at work? Couldn't you just drink more when you are off work rather than at work to meet your 8 cup quota?

If you are peeing too often you're probably drinking too much over too short a period of time and your body is just trying to get rid of it because it can't use it.
  • thewalrusisfree
    Options
    you're always so wise :) i drink it at work because i'm bored really lol and if i wasn't drinking water i'd be eating :-P
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have call center experience on the management side and my advice would be to bring in a doctor's note to HR. They can't touch you with a 10 foot pole if you have a medical excuse to use the bathroom, they will have to adjust your stats if necessary so as not to disadvantage you. It's better to be proactive about it than wait until it negatively impacts your performance metrics.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have call center experience on the management side and my advice would be to bring in a doctor's note to HR. They can't touch you with a 10 foot pole if you have a medical excuse to use the bathroom, they will have to adjust your stats if necessary so as not to disadvantage you. It's better to be proactive about it than wait until it negatively impacts your performance metrics.

I like this one. I told my kids if they are in school and have to go to just go if the teacher has an issue they can call me. I think it is ridiculous to deny someone a potty break, unless you want to be the one to clean up the mess.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but are you sure peeing 'breaks' actually count toward that? It only takes a few minutes. Besides, not letting someone use the bathroom doesn't sound like a very nice working environment.

This. There is NO WAY they would dare try to bust you for going pee. Just keep the potty breaks quick, and don't give them a reason to look at you cross-eyed.

If they try to tell you you can't, threaten to take it to HR. They legally cannot refuse you trips to the bathroom, no matter how many you may need.

In a call center environment it's a little different. You can't just ask a customer to hold on because you need to use the restrum.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    you're always so wise :) i drink it at work because i'm bored really lol and if i wasn't drinking water i'd be eating :-P

I'm lucky I can see the toilet door from my desk so it's only ever an issue if I'm on a long phone call but often I'll be too busy to get myself a drink :-(
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    That is really crummy. I worked somewhere like that where bathroom breaks counted against your stats which could count against you for promotions and transferring within the company. The extreme thing you could do is watch how your body works. Perhaps you should try to drink most of your water 30 minutes before your break. I knew a guy who did that, he had the timing pretty well. I still think it’s crazy to live like that but a jobs a job.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Crazy Idea.. Don't drink so much water at work
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Quit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Crazy Idea.. Don't drink so much water at work

Outrageous suggestion.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Keep this at your desk

porjoh.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Keep this at your desk

porjoh.jpg

WTF is that? You are scaring me now...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Have you considered Depends?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Get a Stadium Gal

http://stadiumpal.com/gal/

stadium-gal.jpg
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You should bring in one of those portable urinal things and leave it sitting on your desk. Look at it and give you manager a waggle of the eyebrows and a smirk every time he/she walks by. That will either work, or get you fired... either way, it should be good fun!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I found I got used to it, I drink around 12 glasses throughout the day and when I first started upping my water intake I had to pee a lot, but after a while it seemed to go back to normal.