Best sports bra for big chested ladies.

Options
http://www.amazon.com/Enell-High-Impact-Sports-Bra/dp/B000IWEJDE/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

I have had mine for years. It is like a reverse corset and it is not the most comfortable thing but it does the job. You can jump rope, do high impact aerobics with a huge chest and they will stay in place. I exercise at home mostly so it doesn't matter but you can't wear strappy tanks without it showing underneath. But if keeping the girls in check is priority one, you will not be unsatisfied.

It has lasted through a few changes in weight, but when I was at my heaviest I could barely breath in it. Point is, each size actually covers a few sizes. Just spend a little time reading through reviews and the size chart.

Just posting because they'll probably be a lot of new members and I know how uncomfortable it can be to workout with regular store sports bras.

Replies

• Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've heard about these and think it's time I try it. I actually had a reduction and the nurse was telling me about these bras. Because I gained some weight since my reduction, I'm still a 36 full D and I often have to wear two sports bras to get adequate support and it's getting old!

And you can't begin to imagine how uncomfortable it is to do high impact workouts with a large chest unless you have been there! Thanks for this post! :smile:
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I definitely need as much support as possible. I usually use Triumph sports bra but will try these out as well!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :) If it hurts while you do jumping jacks, you want to look into it.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I ordered it tonight! So excited!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    enell and shock absorber are the only ones i use for high impact stuff. never had an issue with them. i run sprints, jump rope, do plyometrics, rtc and dont have issues with bouncing

the enell is interested to get into when you first start wearing it :laugh:

they last forever too (as long as you dont dry them which usually ends up catching the hooks into the machine and they break off or get bent). i've only replaced mine a they got too big but wven the ones that are too big i just wear for medium-impact workouts where i dont need as much support
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wear under Armour sports bra, it zips up the front. I am a 38 DD and this keeps me in place and is really comfortable.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    bump, i want to take a look at this later. Thank you for posting this :) I cant ever seem to find a good one lol i have to ware 2 at a time to get them to stay in place so i hope this works :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    enell and shock absorber are the only ones i use for high impact stuff. never had an issue with them. i run sprints, jump rope, do plyometrics, rtc and dont have issues with bouncing

the enell is interested to get into when you first start wearing it :laugh:

they last forever too (as long as you dont dry them which usually ends up catching the hooks into the machine and they break off or get bent). i've only replaced mine a they got too big but wven the ones that are too big i just wear for medium-impact workouts where i dont need as much support

I 2nd shock absorber. And I do have a Freya that is pretty good. Panache gets raves, but I haven't made the plunge yet. Feeling too cheap. ;)

Maybe once I lose a bit more. I am oddly between sizes at the moment. And sadly enough.....bra shopping keeps moving into "getting more annoying territory"

I haven't really lost in the cup at all. Just the band...and the cup is inching up.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wish they had a more. . . ahem. . . fashionable version. And cheaper. :cry:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bumping for later reading!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 G and I have been using Shockabsorber. They are pricey but I can wear 1 sports bra and feel secure!
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    bump
  • saraledbetter5
    Options
    I'm going to need to try this one. As a wonderful H cup, trying to harness the girls is a chore to say the least! How do they run their sizing?
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I managed to find an Enell in my size at the thrift store. Score!
    I'm a 36DD at this point, and they don't even jiggle with the Enell.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort's Fiona. It also comes in pretty colors.
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree. The Enells are pricey but DEFINITELY worth it.
    As far as the sizing I wear a 38G and have a size 3 I wear on the biggest hooks that fits great. If you go the enell website there is a sizing section.
    http://enell.com/get-fit
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I managed to find an Enell in my size at the thrift store. Score!
    I'm a 36DD at this point, and they don't even jiggle with the Enell.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. They don't move one bit. Never thought that was possible before owning this bra. I'll look into some of the other mentioned to see if there is one you can wear with a tank for the summer .
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wish they had a more. . . ahem. . . fashionable version. And cheaper. :cry:

I just got a purple and turquoise Shock Absorber (for a tenner) and they had a red, white and blue version too. I've been quite happily wearing that alone (with a pair of short shorts) for working out at home. It looks really cute and supports enough for me to play jump rope games on the Kinect. :)