Pregnancy 2010 - Week 14

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    omg, I've missed so much! That was a lot to read over! haha, before getting pregnant I was following the C2K and LOVED IT! I highly recommend it.

I gained 2 pounds this week and am at 160lbs. :-( I know it's good to gain for the baby but it's hard to see those high numbers again.

Baby doing well ... not to gross anyone out, but this vaginal discharge is soooooo annoying! It's like the discharge you get when you're in your fertile week, but it's non-stop since conception. I'm so self concious of the smell and am kind of getting grossed out by having to clean it up all the time. *sigh that's my one pregnancy complaint (of the week haha) other than that I'm showing more and more, haven't felt the baby since that one time a week ago. I'm excited to start feeling him more often. :-D

Ha! You made me laugh out loud. I have the same problem with the scale numbers. I know it's a good thing, but I just start to think how in the heck am I going to lose it all!??!

I've gained 12 lbs so far....being half way through the pregnancy I consider that good. But most websites I check I'm obese!What the heck??

You're lucky, I haven't felt anything yet as far as movement. We got our ultrasound on Tuesday and the tech said i have a high uterus. I guess with that it takes longer to feel movement. LOL. We are having a girl though - excited!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    omg, I've missed so much! That was a lot to read over! haha, before getting pregnant I was following the C2K and LOVED IT! I highly recommend it.

I gained 2 pounds this week and am at 160lbs. :-( I know it's good to gain for the baby but it's hard to see those high numbers again.

Baby doing well ... not to gross anyone out, but this vaginal discharge is soooooo annoying! It's like the discharge you get when you're in your fertile week, but it's non-stop since conception. I'm so self concious of the smell and am kind of getting grossed out by having to clean it up all the time. *sigh that's my one pregnancy complaint (of the week haha) other than that I'm showing more and more, haven't felt the baby since that one time a week ago. I'm excited to start feeling him more often. :-D

I remember the leaking. I was so mad, I was looking forward to 9 months with no pads and then I ended up needing them.

I didn't feel my daughter (Elizabeth) move until past our ultrasound to find out what if she was a boy or a girl. I remember laying there watching her move and move and was shocked I couldn't feel it. I was 275 when I actually gave birth to her and I'm pretty sure the extra fat makes it hard to feel the movements. You girls will be feeling it soon!!!! Angela, is this your first?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Shopping Queen - I wouldn't worry about it saying your obese, because the extra weight is baby not fat. Most women gain 20-35 pounds which puts lots of people in the obese catagory. Unless they calculate how many weeks you are? I'm 16 1/2 and I've only gained 4, but my morning sickness was icky for quite awhile. I gained 2 pounds this week along so I think I'll start picking up again. haha

Kiffypooh - Yes this is our first. :-)
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Shopping Queen - I wouldn't worry about it saying your obese, because the extra weight is baby not fat. Most women gain 20-35 pounds which puts lots of people in the obese catagory. Unless they calculate how many weeks you are? I'm 16 1/2 and I've only gained 4, but my morning sickness was icky for quite awhile. I gained 2 pounds this week along so I think I'll start picking up again. haha

I agree, I thin if you started off obese that's one thing, but I don't think pregnancy puts you in there. I remember reading that there is 30 lbs of baby and stuff in you. I don't understand how that's true and you don't drop 30 when you have it, but that's what I read. I think the beginning of "what to expect when you're expecting" has a break down in it.

The first one is so exciting and so much fun (not that I know what a second one is yet). I use a question site mamasource.com a lot for questions in the first year. They just changed their name and a few other things, but it's still a great resource.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I changed my profile picture. I figured you might all be getting tired of looking at my puppy! I came down with a nasty cold. I am fighting it as much as I can, but I am having a rough time breathing as it is, so working out is out of the question! It is so hard to be sick when it is starting to be so nice outside. I hope you are all having a great weekend:flowerforyou:
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    LOVE the new pic. I'm assuming that is your hubby? I am just getting over a sneezing, coughing, running/leaking nose thing. Still too tired to go to the gym but that is probably a combo of the MC and the cold. I should have my mom watch my daughter for me and go later, but I don't wanna :sad: I hope you feel better soon!!!
    PS. I think your puppy is cute :happy: although I do like to see what people look like too.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've been gone for weeks!!! I have been super busy, eating too often to log it in, and just spending time outside and don't want to sit in front of a computer for more than a few minutes. But, I miss everybody and the great support. I also went through a little bit of a scate because they found a fibroid in my uterus and the news needed to sink in. I had to change doctors, actually the same obgyn I went to with my second daughter. I was hoping to stay close to home and be seen by my family doctor, since it's my third pregnancy. Anyway, I am 145 lbs, and have gained 7 pounds.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    updated my profile pic, 16 week shot is officially up. :-)

Yessie - what does the fibroid mean for your pregnancy?
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    updated my profile pic, 16 week shot is officially up. :-)

Yessie - what does the fibroid mean for your pregnancy?

You look awesome!!!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I know. But like you said it's hard to see the number go up. :) I'm officially 20 weeks and have gained 11 lbs. It's all belly and boobs! :bigsmile: LOL. I guess I'm part of the lucky crowd because I didn't get an ounce of sickness. The only change I've found is that my pants don't fit anymore and I get a bit more tired every so often.

It's our first too - so excited. When is your due date? Mine is August 30th.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm weighing today because I am going out of town all week for work. I was down 1 lb - very surprised! Have a great week everyone!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

I know. But like you said it's hard to see the number go up. :) I'm officially 20 weeks and have gained 11 lbs. It's all belly and boobs! :bigsmile: LOL. I guess I'm part of the lucky crowd because I didn't get an ounce of sickness. The only change I've found is that my pants don't fit anymore and I get a bit more tired every so often.

We're due September 21st, so you're about a month before us. :-) Are you showing? I'm the same I can still wear my pants they're just much snugger (the pants that we snug before pregnancy I can't wear) but a lot of my shirts don't fit because my boobs are 2 full cup sizes bigger and my big belly. haha
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

We're due September 21st, so you're about a month before us. :-) Are you showing? I'm the same I can still wear my pants they're just much snugger (the pants that we snug before pregnancy I can't wear) but a lot of my shirts don't fit because my boobs are 2 full cup sizes bigger and my big belly. haha

I could fit into my pants with the help of trusty rubber bands and safety pins up until last week. Then I had to break down and by some maternity pants for work. I am officially showing. It's like my belly "popped" last week. It's still not huge, but it's there. I'm still in the same bras so I can wear most of my tops, but they are getting to the point where I might need to upgrade in size :) I love to wear dresses so I'm pretty happy with a summer pregnancy. :)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I'm excited to wear dresses too, except I miss my beautiful Soccer legs and am quite ashamed of my flabby knees and legs now. :-( So we'll see, but I think pregnant bellies look beautiful in dresses!

P.s. when are you going to post pregnancy pics?
  • lucy1703
    lucy1703 Posts: 18
    Options
    i'm just taking the folic acid. as yet not been recommended to take anything else. TTC for Dec / Jan
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    i'm just taking the folic acid. as yet not been recommended to take anything else. TTC for Dec / Jan

I think it's said that any woman of any child baring (sp?) age should take a prenatal vitamin. My dr said I should at least 2 weeks before hand.
  • leahwolfe
    Options
    It can take anywhere from 1-6 months to start ovulating normally. It took me around 6 months but I had been on the pill for over 10 years. Did you ovulate normally before you were on the pill? If so, you will probably go back to ovulating normally now that you are off. I recommend taking your Basal Body Temp (BBT) even though it is annoying! It will show you when/if you ovulated and if you're not you can talk to a doc. It also gives you a time-frame for effective "trying." Good Luck!!
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It can take anywhere from 1-6 months to start ovulating normally. It took me around 6 months but I had been on the pill for over 10 years. Did you ovulate normally before you were on the pill? If so, you will probably go back to ovulating normally now that you are off. I recommend taking your Basal Body Temp (BBT) even though it is annoying! It will show you when/if you ovulated and if you're not you can talk to a doc. It also gives you a time-frame for effective "trying." Good Luck!!

Well I got ovulation prediction tests so I figure I'll try that this month. If I don't get pregnant this month I will start charting. I just don't want the pressure of officially trying yet although I really hope it happens soon. I know it's silly! I ovulated regularly off the pill. The only thing is my body followed it's own cycle while on the pill. I had a period a week and a half before I was supposed to, no missed pills or late pills, then two weeks later seemed to ovulate, then 2 weeks later had a period. That is when we decided to stop fussing with the pill since we knew we wanted to start trying in a few months anyways and the doctor thought it was probably too low of a dose to be effective for me. So I guess the first of May if TOM comes then I am back to normal. If not lets hope I'm prego not having issues!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Well I got ovulation prediction tests so I figure I'll try that this month. If I don't get pregnant this month I will start charting. I just don't want the pressure of officially trying yet although I really hope it happens soon. I know it's silly! I ovulated regularly off the pill. The only thing is my body followed it's own cycle while on the pill. I had a period a week and a half before I was supposed to, no missed pills or late pills, then two weeks later seemed to ovulate, then 2 weeks later had a period. That is when we decided to stop fussing with the pill since we knew we wanted to start trying in a few months anyways and the doctor thought it was probably too low of a dose to be effective for me. So I guess the first of May if TOM comes then I am back to normal. If not lets hope I'm prego not having issues!

We got pregnant using the rhythm method, and got pregnant the first try. It's works by tracking your ovulation and your fertile period. If you decide to start tracking let me know, cause I can give you the information on how to naturally get pregnant by knowing when you're egg is ready to be fertilized. :-D
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options

We got pregnant using the rhythm method, and got pregnant the first try. It's works by tracking your ovulation and your fertile period. If you decide to start tracking let me know, cause I can give you the information on how to naturally get pregnant by knowing when you're egg is ready to be fertilized. :-D

Ok I'm in! does it matter when in your cycle that you start tracking? my LMP was April 6th, my last cycle was 25 days so I think I should ovulate on the 17th. I went on mymonthlycycles like kiffypooh suggested and charted my cycle flow, length ect. (OK maybe I am more ready to chart than I realized LOL) I took an ovulation test today that had a faint line which I hear means nothing but I am happy that I at least have something indicating I may ovulate this month since it is the first cycle I have had off the pill. Anyways I'll all ears!

Also we need to start a new thread it's Wendesday. I would but I'm not sure how