Ode to walking-Michael Moore

Options
2»

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Lol geeze people. Ignore for one minute that it's not Michael Moore. He actually has a valid point. We took all enjoyment out of everyday things because we feel like we have to do it to be healthy, but in reality we should be doing it because it makes us feel good. I don't know what's so controversial about his message, regardless of what else he stands for.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Lol geeze people. Ignore for one minute that it's not Michael Moore. He actually has a valid point. We took all enjoyment out of everyday things because we feel like we have to do it to be healthy, but in reality we should be doing it because it makes us feel good. I don't know what's so controversial about his message, regardless of what else he stands for.

^ this. I didn't realize people hate him so much. I don't hold a candle for him I don't have any real opinion about the messenger. I just think it's a very interesting message.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    He says exercise and diets don't work, so be happy the way you are, but go exercise so you can be happier. Uhm, hullo? What a nut job.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    if you had casually left out it was Michael Moore who wrote this, more people would be applauding. I can't stand the guy ( even if he is right a lot of the time), but he is, in my mind, right on this.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    if you had casually left out it was Michael Moore who wrote this, more people would be applauding. I can't stand the guy ( even if he is right a lot of the time), but he is, in my mind, right on this.

Thhhaat's what I'm sayinnn'! I mean, I liked some of his movies, but I'm not that well versed on Michael Moore, so I can't say how much I agree with him, but people should be looking at the actual message rather than the author.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I agree with this--walking is freaking awesome! As a health coach, I tell all my clients, its all you need. It cracks me up when I see overweight people say on FB that they need to change, they are tired of the way they feel or look, so they go and spend hundreds of dollars on a gym. Really! what did you do that for? that was unnecessary.

Walking does wonders for the mind---and we must all have a healthy mind as a part of our healthy lifestyle.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Good for him, love Michael Moore he's awesome!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Lifting things, even if it's yourself.

love that lol

i lift too now
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I don't have it out for Michael Moore like other people do, but this whole thing is entirely contradictory.